McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Holy crap. Were both cars stock? Im super impressed that the 12C seems to not only run with the Avent, but actually can beat it. That's kind of mind boggling.

Thanks Fastlane. I see you put those up; did you drive?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Most impressive part is how the AWD car loses the first 60 feet and then never catches up.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
913 Posts
nice run....

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
I question whether the 12C is stock because the numbers say different. And as Erik points out the 12C wins to 60'. That also shouldn't happen. What ever the case that was very impressive.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Was the mac in e-mode, couldn't hear it :D
LOL, I heard the same thing, lots of turbo whine. Video 1 was cool, could hear the Aventador's down shifts from 1/2 a mile away.

·
Owner
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I question whether the 12C is stock because the numbers say different. And as Erik points out the 12C wins to 60'. That also shouldn't happen. What ever the case that was very impressive.
The power to weight ratio on the Maclaren is better then the aventador dry number 4.58 vs 4.96 and the mclaren gets even better when you add fluids V8 much less to add then the V12
Also moving less weight off the line. McLaren on hot tire 0-60 2.7 no wheel spin Aventador 2.8 to 60
Last but not least it was a roll race so there was no 0-60 both cars took off slow then hit it at a prearranged point.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What numbers say different? Power to weight is pretty close and I don't know know how good the 'Door's launch control is, but the MP4s is excellent. Finally, the frontal area of the 'Door is probably greater and all those angles look cool, but it may have more drag.

If by "number" you are relying only on published power, come on down to my track and I'll run ANY street car you want with ANY driver you want against my 360 rwhp SR8.

·
Owner
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What numbers say different? Power to weight is pretty close and I don't know know how good the 'Door's launch control is, but the MP4s is excellent. Finally, the frontal area of the 'Door is probably greater and all those angles look cool, but it may have more drag.

If by "number" you are relying only on published power, come on down to my track and I'll run ANY street car you want with ANY driver you want against my 360 rwhp SR8.
The McLaren power to weight ratio wet is about .50 better dry it is 4.58 to 4.96 that is a big difference I never understood why people thought the McLaren was slower with the update and hot tires that hold it runs a low 10 second 1/4 mile I don't know any other factory car that can do that.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The McLaren power to weight ratio wet is about .50 better dry it is 4.58 to 4.96 that is a big difference I never understood why people thought the McLaren was slower with the update and hot tires that hold it runs a low 10 second 1/4 mile I don't know any other factory car that can do that.
Because Ferrari and Lamborghini are just plain better, that's why. You should not clutter such a simple truth with pesky facts and performance stats.

·
Owner
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because Ferrari and Lamborghini are just plain better, that's why. You should not clutter such a simple truth with pesky facts and performance stats.
Better at what here we are talking about performance and the McLaren is better at that facts proven . You want to change the subject to something else that's fine, but try to prove your points with facts not your opinion as fact.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Drag Times has always said the 12C was quicker than the Aventador in the 1/4 mile. Being on a rubbered track likely overcomes a lot of the initial traction difference you'd expect.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
What was amazing to me is how much momentum the Aventador loses on gear changes. It just lurches every time it shifts. I've driven Lambos and felt how clumsily they shift from the drivers seat but to see it in this video from outside the car really hits home what a huge disadvantage they're at. Lamborghini really needs to ditch their shitty single clutch transmissions. The Mac is super-smooth and just keeps pushing harder and harder. The McLaren transmission is just amazingly fun to use. I find it shifts much smoother than the Ferrari 458.

That just highlights one of the things that I really love about the 12C - that everything works together so well to just propel the car to amazing speeds. The rock-solid chassis makes sure less power is wasted by vibration, the tranny makes sure less momentum is lost by making smooth, fast shifts, the very direct steering means the car stays more on the line you're pointing it at. In short everything just works together to make the car as fast as it can possibly be. It's more than just horsepower and torque. It's the complete solution for speed. I wish I could be out driving it right now.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Better at what here we are talking about performance and the McLaren is better at that facts proven . You want to change the subject to something else that's fine, but try to prove your points with facts not your opinion as fact.
pretty sure kv was being sarcastic with that last comment.

Lambo's problem is that it is a big fat 4000lb pig. I would actually be quite disappointed if the Mac couldn't beat it, at least occasionally.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts