McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I were there that day, and there were nothing but the BMW 1000RR bike, a AMS 12+ Nissan GTR and a Bugatti veyron that went a bit faster.
Sadly the Aventador that supposed to be there did not arrive.

the 12C is amazingly fast!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I were there that day, and there were nothing but the BMW 1000RR bike, a AMS 12+ Nissan GTR and a Bugatti veyron that went a bit faster.

Kapten,you write like I speak,were thee brought up int Yorkshire lad ?:)

·
Registered
691 Posts
They're too busy getting their backs waxed. And come on - we all saw the start of the vid with the Bug and the 12C heading out... ...show us!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kapten,you write like I speak,were thee brought up int Yorkshire lad ?:)
Haha sadly not.

Born and raised in Sweden!

They're too busy getting their backs waxed. And come on - we all saw the start of the vid with the Bug and the 12C heading out... ...show us!
I know, i know.
I will terrorize Gustav (the guy that organizes everything) until he put up that clip!

(sneak-preview: it was suprisingly close! I thought so anyway.)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

I'd love to see a vid of the 12C v RR, that thing is incredible with its anti-wheelie and quickshifter.

·
Owner
166 Posts
Sorry to say....Aventador leaves the MP4 (pre upgrade) way behind. Had both for a while, gearbox on Aventador is made from chocolate. A friend of mine is on his 4th gearbox.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have both and the lc on the aventador will take the 12c, all wheel drive 5k rpm launch is brutal and effective for 2.7-2.8 0-60. On a roll it will be closer but aventador still has the 12c especially as the speed increase.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eh, don't know about that.... the aventador will sometimes spin a bunch on launch, it's not that constant on the 0-60 MPH front...

0-60 in 2.8 in my MP4

I have both and the lc on the aventador will take the 12c, all wheel drive 5k rpm launch is brutal and effective for 2.7-2.8 0-60. On a roll it will be closer but aventador still has the 12c especially as the speed increase.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My car launches perfect everything as long as I don't wait more than 5 seconds to release the brake, no excess wheel spin issues. R888 and perfect conditions might get a 2.8 on the 12c but on standard street doesn't really challenge the aventador. 2 completely different cars but talking 0-60 times. The 12c is extremely impressive for a 2 wheel drive car, even in the the rain it launches smooth and fast.

·
Name: Dimitri
37 Posts
Sorry to say....Aventador leaves the MP4 (pre upgrade) way behind. Had both for a while, gearbox on Aventador is made from chocolate. A friend of mine is on his 4th gearbox.
so true for the gearbox... i had my aventador for 10 months and changed three gearboxes... its why i sold it. but my mp4 has the 625hp upgrade and i feel it at least as fast as the lambo

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think it will be really close. These U.S. spec Aventadors are coming with lots of extra pork.
I've seen a video posted here where the Macca won IIRC. The Aventador had the AWD jump but the Macca overcame with it's superior power/weight.

3900 lbs+ lol.

add 175 lb riders

4075lbs/693hp = 5.88 lbs/hp Aventador
3395lbs/616hp = 5.51 lbs/hp MP4-12C
3580lbs/562hp = 6.37 lbs/hp 458 Italia

With the software upgrade the MP4 might even be close to the F12b in power/weight... we'll have to wait until they hit the scales to see though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts