McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This MP4-12c Spider seems to have a rear bumper that is different from usual bumper.

Doesn't it look like the bumper on MP4-12c GT3 version?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the video, Mark. I like the look of GT3 rear bumper so I think it's all right as well.

Now it does make me wonder. Is this rear bumper by MSO or other tuning companies?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Thanks for the video, Mark. I like the look of GT3 rear bumper so I think it's all right as well.

Now it does make me wonder. Is this rear bumper by MSO or other tuning companies?
I doubt its MSO, as already pointed the fit doesn't look that good..

·
Registered
163 Posts
this is our GT3 rear bumper, no number plate and no reverse sensors, and it fits properly :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Do you have a front bumper design?
Its the standard GT3 bumper Andrew,too much of a low splitter to use on the road !
As for the rear on the Spider,it looks to me as a direct swap of a GT3 rear end,no-one I knows makes it as an after market.But its possible to buy this through MSO,as they would get it from MclarenGT,just don't ask the price,unless you have a great Tax deduction plan ;)
Remember anything is possible,just look at RIC,s expresso machine :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Its the standard GT3 bumper Andrew,too much of a low splitter to use on the road !
As for the rear on the Spider,it looks to me as a direct swap of a GT3 rear end,no-one I knows makes it as an after market.But its possible to buy this through MSO,as they would get it from MclarenGT,just don't ask the price,unless you have a great Tax deduction plan ;)
Remember anything is possible,just look at RIC,s expresso machine :D
I don't know if anything is possible with MSO, I wanted the HS rear diffuser with no avail. Now understandably it's not something they have listed in the MSO section/list of products available, it would have been nice though. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I don't know if anything is possible with MSO, I wanted the HS rear diffuser with no avail. Now understandably it's not something they have listed in the MSO section/list of products available, it would have been nice though. Cheers.....����
Ken,thats only because they paid for exclusivity,nothing to stop you doing one slightly different except the cost maybe.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ken,thats only because they paid for exclusivity,nothing to stop you doing one slightly different except the cost maybe.
Andy I can just imagine the cost of a one of coming out of Woking, I just figured they had one made for the HS and I was willing to pay why not give it a try. Cheers....??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Andy I can just imagine the cost of a one of coming out of Woking, I just figured they had one made for the HS and I was willing to pay why not give it a try. Cheers....����
Ken, not sure is HS parts are available for retro fit to non HS cars, you should contact your Mclaren dealer and they will contact HQ for an answer, Road cars/ Race cars/ specials/ Track day Sprints,etc. to my knowledge are all dealt with by different people and sometimes different limited companies within the Mclaren group in Woking. Its a minefield , but your local dealer will have the heirarchy to hand whatever you want :) give it a shot..

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ken, not sure is HS parts are available for retro fit to non HS cars, you should contact your Mclaren dealer and they will contact HQ for an answer, Road cars/ Race cars/ specials/ Track day Sprints,etc. to my knowledge are all dealt with by different people and sometimes different limited companies within the Mclaren group in Woking. Its a minefield , but your local dealer will have the heirarchy to hand whatever you want :) give it a shot..
Hey buddyclub been there and done all that stuff you mentioned and it was a no go. These parts are exclusive to the HS car owners only from what I've been told. Cheers.....??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts