McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I haven't seen visual evidence of #6 or #7 but this is the only one of the 10 which were built that is known to be painted Volcano Orange.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
No stealth pack, no carbon turning vanes, those stupid carbon add on's above the turning vanes, and those hideous looking wheels. Still no confirmation of 650 + hp, let alone the silly 400k asking price.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No stealth pack, no carbon turning vanes, those stupid carbon add on's above the turning vanes, and those hideous looking wheels. Still no confirmation of 650 + hp, let alone the silly 400k asking price.
Lol Mark!

But what it does have more than makes up for the negatives you've pointed out.

Front bumper, rear bumper, fender vents, more aggressive c.f. rear diffuser, c.f. engine vents, c.f. clam shell vent, +75 added h.p. (pretty sure that's added from the original 596 h.p. though), and the exclusivity of 1 0f 10 ever commissioned by McLaren goes a long way i.m.o.
Oh, and I happen to like the c.f. thingy's by the turning vanes. :p I have read they are supposed to actually capture more air into the vents as well.

All in all, I'd rather have this @ $400k than an Aventador any day of the week. ;)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Lol Mark!

But what it does have more than makes up for the negatives you've pointed out.

Front bumper, rear bumper, fender vents, more aggressive c.f. rear diffuser, c.f. engine vents, c.f. clam shell vent, +75 added h.p. (pretty sure that's added from the original 596 h.p. though), and the exclusivity of 1 0f 10 ever commissioned by McLaren goes a long way i.m.o.
Oh, and I happen to like the c.f. thingy's by the turning vanes. :p I have read they are supposed to actually capture more air into the vents as well.

All in all, I'd rather have this @ $400k than an Aventador any day of the week. ;)
I don't like the Aventador either. So buy it. :eek:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unless there's a horsepower increase, what does it really matter?

·
Registered
914 Posts
hmm, at $400k, I'm in the Aventador....

Lol Mark!

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Almost positive this one is the same that Lake Forest Sports Cars had three of.

When I was interested in these they claimed ZERO extra hp.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Looks great. At least it has a few miles on it.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Almost positive this one is the same that Lake Forest Sports Cars had three of.

When I was interested in these they claimed ZERO extra hp.
You're confused - those were some of the six 'Project Alpha' cars they ordered (two in each color). No direct correlation to the 10 HS models McLaren produced except being based on a 12C, of course.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Am I the only one here who thinks a normal, stock 12c looks about a million times better then this?

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
You're confused - those were some of the six 'Project Alpha' cars they ordered (two in each color). No direct correlation to the 10 HS models McLaren produced except being based on a 12C, of course.

>8^)
ER
They have different badging / slightly - they both seem to have a lot of the same MSO parts aside from 5.00 name plates.

But where is the published increase of hp? I like the car but the price seems a bit unwarranted.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
They have different badging / slightly - they both seem to have a lot of the same MSO parts aside from 5.00 name plates.
Project Alpha cars share the fender vents and rear bumper vents of the HS. They wear the standard 12C front bumper and lack the engine and suspension upgrades the HS has.

But where is the published increase of hp? I like the car but the price seems a bit unwarranted.
You won't find a published source - McLaren have been largely mum on any specs of the HS version. I was told the power level is roughly a 50hp increase over and above the upgrade the standard cars received (that's equivalent to the 75hp increase people talk about) and I've not seen any credible source refute that yet either.

>8^)
ER

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Project Alpha cars share the fender vents and rear bumper vents of the HS. They wear the standard 12C front bumper and lack the engine and suspension upgrades the HS has.

You won't find a published source - McLaren have been largely mum on any specs of the HS version. I was told the power level is roughly a 50hp increase over and above the upgrade the standard cars received (that's equivalent to the 75hp increase people talk about) and I've not seen any credible source refute that yet either.

>8^)
ER
Well if there are only 10 - the chances of an owner showing up here are pretty good.

I still don't see it - but who knows.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
The first five HS' were all built for a single customer. Obviously he has chosen to part with at least one so far. The 8th car went to Tornoto, 9th car to Tampa Bay and 10th car was delivered in Hong Kong. The last two have pretty wild custom paint jobs from MSO that likely added a lot to the cost.

This one has been identified as Cristiano Ronaldo's but not clear what number out of 10 it is. The body is supposed to be wrapped with orange paint underneath.

See more photos here at Autogespot:

http://www.autogespot.com/mclaren-12c-high-sport/2013/10/12

>8^)
ER

1 - 16 of 16 Posts