McLaren Life banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

We are wrapping up R&D on our 5/6 pt. Harness installation parts for the 12-C and 12-C Spyder, and am curious how many would like to have a fire extinguisher within reach, as a safety item. This would most likely go in front of the seat but just want to get an idea what the McLaren community would like/dislike.

· Registered
46 Posts
Not our car, but this is how we have it in the RS.

I don't know how big the extinguisher is for you, here is another nice solution (provided you don't need to shift seat much more forward!)

· Registered
2,651 Posts
Not our car, but this is how we have it in the RS.

I don't know how big the extinguisher is for you, here is another nice solution (provided you don't need to shift seat much more forward!)

I prefer the second photo setup over the first due to size and obstruction for the passenger. Though the second picture setup should be on the passenger side. ??

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How can you have a racing harness with no roll bar?
This is often the case for gentleman drivers during "High Performance Track Days" or "Driver Education" events. It is rare a car is flipped or rolled if there is ever an incident on track, and most feel safer strapped into a proper 5 or 6 pt. harness. These cars produce so much G-Force, you can move around in the seat a lot which takes your focus and inputs away from driving and feeling what the car is doing, to holding yourself in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.