McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

We are wrapping up R&D on our 5/6 pt. Harness installation parts for the 12-C and 12-C Spyder, and am curious how many would like to have a fire extinguisher within reach, as a safety item. This would most likely go in front of the seat but just want to get an idea what the McLaren community would like/dislike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I really like how we have it in our Porsche GT3 RS

Between the legs in front of the passenger seat. Not in the way too much, close at hand.

and it looks awesome!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not our car, but this is how we have it in the RS.

I don't know how big the extinguisher is for you, here is another nice solution (provided you don't need to shift seat much more forward!)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Not our car, but this is how we have it in the RS.

I don't know how big the extinguisher is for you, here is another nice solution (provided you don't need to shift seat much more forward!)

I prefer the second photo setup over the first due to size and obstruction for the passenger. Though the second picture setup should be on the passenger side. ??

·
Registered
862 Posts
Not all 12Cs come with the extinguisher in the front luggage compartment, this is standard in the Middle East (not the greatest pic but the only one I have readily available) ...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can you have a racing harness with no roll bar?
This is often the case for gentleman drivers during "High Performance Track Days" or "Driver Education" events. It is rare a car is flipped or rolled if there is ever an incident on track, and most feel safer strapped into a proper 5 or 6 pt. harness. These cars produce so much G-Force, you can move around in the seat a lot which takes your focus and inputs away from driving and feeling what the car is doing, to holding yourself in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts