McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Unbelievable. Truly a master.

I wish there were craftsmen like these in my neck of the woods. Does anyone know of any in the NYC-NJ areas?

And a question: after seeing this I went out and looked over my car. Other than the excess wax residue around the parking sensors and some seams I found no other blemishes. Has anyone else looked? My cars is a couple of weeks old.

A friend that is in the bodywork business once told me that it takes months for paint to thoroughly dry. That most swirls and marks are caused by well meaning detailers polishing new cars. I had this issue with an xlr some years back. It took a careful hand to correct it. But it was never perfect.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There will be defects in your paint .. you just need a sun light gun like the '3M sun gun' or make your own using a Solux bulb.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Its a good job he has the button,or he would get finger prints on it :) A dedicated pro I must say!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
The state of that car was horrifying. I find it hard to believe that it came straight out of McLaren. I'd be curious to find out what dealership it came from.

My car is arriving next month and it better not be in that condition!

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
My MO coupe was nearly as bad. The entire rear bumper was full of haze and scratches. Brand new. I hold little hope my 12C Spider will be any better unfortunately. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.467066393313620.104009.321260121227582&type=3

And my Aston, reputably famous for their paint quality, looked shockingly bad in many areas. Surprising after visiting the factory where they bragged about the 50 hour paint process, in addition to having a custom paint job done in the original (not current) Aston Racing Green used on the DBR1 (which was a bit of an effort to get done).
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.489078567779069.109412.321260121227582&type=3

Budget for a good detailer, if you're anal like me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts