McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen, some exciting news, well at least for me :D

Finally got my beauty back from Woking with the MSO Track Pack and CF Bumper fitted. The roll hoop has been trimmed in Alcantara and all badges (except the one on the engine cover) got changed to the stealth version.

5-point harnesses (without ASM) are made by Schroth, suitable for use with HANS.

Very pleased with the result to say the least. Perfect seating position, visibility and lateral support. Love it :)

BTW: The big upgrade has been done as well. Fabulous.

Only thing I'll change is getting the seat inserts trimmed in black Alcantara as well.

Can't wait to take her to the 'Ring and SPA in spring time :)

Happy holidays everyone !

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Gentlemen, some exciting news, well at least for me :D

Finally got my beauty back from Woking with the MSO Track Pack and CF Bumper fitted. The roll hoop has been trimmed in Alcantara and all badges (except the one on the engine cover) got changed to the stealth version.

5-point harnesses (without ASM) are made by Schroth, suitable for use with HANS.

Very pleased with the result to say the least. Perfect seating position, visibility and lateral support. Love it :)

BTW: The big upgrade has been done as well. Fabulous.

Only thing I'll change is getting the seat inserts trimmed in black Alcantara as well.

Can't wait to take her to the 'Ring and SPA in spring time :)

Happy holidays everyone !
lovely stuff mcdc.... looks awesome.. ! with all the bits on it that we all would have chosen if we'd have had the option at the time.. ! well done indeed... look forward to seeing it lapping spa and the ring... !

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm jealous! I'd love to get harnesses installed, but I understand this is a factory-fit only? A bit difficult for us folk in USA.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm jealous! I'd love to get harnesses installed, but I understand this is a factory-fit only? A bit difficult for us folk in USA.
TM, I have heard different things. Last time I was told that a dealer-retrofit kit is planned to be released sometimes next year (2013) but currently it's a factory-fit only, either from new or as a retrofit.

As I didn't want to miss the next trackday season, I have choosen to retrofit the kit directly at MSO. While not exactly cheap, the Track Pack is high quality work. Bespoke panels to embrace the roll hoop etc. Even the printed user manual has been updated with important informations regarding the Track Pack. It looks and feels all very professional.

As you are tracking your car as well, I can highly recommend the Track Pack. The seats are standard Recaro Pole Positions but you really feel one with the car once tied up in the 5-point harness.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
54 Posts
those seats will not be legally imported into US by dealer as far as i know. our DOT wants them all with some sort of airbag. stupid stuff!

·
Registered
71 Posts
No Air-Bags in the US seats. As much as I would love to have the track pack.... I dont believe the roll bar is legal in the US either.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you have airbags inside your standard 12C seats ? We do not here in europe. There are airbags inside the doors tough but not in the seats.
no but the seat still wouldn't be DOT certified. we always get the water-downed version of the hardcore stuff. :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Garry, the rollbar is just over/behind the seats, not a full cage. So just like any GT3 (RS).
Are there no GT3's with clubsport package in the US ?
Martin,
Yes nothing from the factory allowed in the US. The GT3's I've seen with roll bars were privately imported or retrofitted. however... If the bar is padded properly... law enforement generally wont bother you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Garry, the rollbar is just over/behind the seats, not a full cage. So just like any GT3 (RS).
Are there no GT3's with clubsport package in the US ?
By the way. Your new car is amazing.... The perfect car for the street and track...
congrats!!!

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Looks great McDc,nice to know you can retrofit as well now,i was under the impression that it had to be in the build of the car because the tub had to be altered to take the roll over bar,glad it can now be done,even if its at the factory.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks Garry. The rollbar is not padded by MSO, just optionally covered with Alcantara for better optics.
But it's mounted behind/over the seats, so - at least in theory - it should be more than safe.

If you need photos with more details to check with your registration office, just let me know.
Martin,
Yes more photos would be great. When it become available I would definitely want one installed. Will have to figure how to get my car from the US to Woking. I'm not comfortable letting anyone here install a rollbar into the CF tub...
Thanks again..

1 - 20 of 90 Posts