McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am getting a little bit ahead of myself here, but since I very much expect to be very happy after my track day on Spa tomorrow I was looking at fun stuff to add to the car to record the experiences and found TraqMate and their tech quite nice...

Most of it seems simple to put in, except for the TraqTach which picks up RPM of the car. I wonder if anyone has one installed in their 12C and if so if it was possible and easy to add the TraqTach?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have used a qstarz (used it at Spa)
(Qstarz BT-Q1000eX 10Hz Data Logger GPS Receiver Lap Timer)
It simply needs to be on the dashboard in its holder, and then all lap data is downloaded afterwards onto the laptop. It is a very economical solution with no special connections needed, but doesn't show revs

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
No clue but it's always a touchy subject to attach anything to electronics I would be concerned as a guinea pig unless someone chimes in.

Last week one was drilled on my challenge car to the rear bumper - they also make a direct wire and I am sure there is somewhere to place it other than the twit that installed it on my bumper.

Download the track app and it shows you where you can achieve lower lap times.

AMB/MyLaps Tran X 260 Rechargeable Transponder 479.00 at Pegasus racing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I currently use Harry's Lap Timer App on my iPhone. It uses the phone internal GPS, Accelerometer and other sensors.
It has the ability to record video and data that you can later overlay on the video.
You can also use external GPS and ODB II connections to read data from the car, like RPMs, wheel speed, throttle positions,etc.
I added an external GPS that makes position and timing more precise. Dual XGPS 160.
I also added an OBD II GoPoint BT1 Bluetooth dongle to record data from the car.

You just need an iPhone mount for your phone like the RAM mount RAM-B-166U and mount it on the windshield. Connection to the external GPS and OBD II are Bluetooth so no cables to run.

The new app version can also control and link videos from external GoPro cameras.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts