McLaren Life banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will have been my 6th track day in the 12C. Another beautiful day at Laguna Seca - just glorious. Unfortunately, the fuel pump decided to have issues at the beginning of my 5th session. Car would just completely fall on its face under hard throttle. I was able to drive it home, and will be checked out this week by the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hey, those red gloves match the hood emblem! ;) Kidding!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were the only color available in my size the day I needed gloves... I definitely get a lot of grief for them. On the plus side, they are super sticky.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
They were the only color available in my size the day I needed gloves... I definitely get a lot of grief for them. On the plus side, they are super sticky.
Your sunglass lenses do match your interior though! ;)

Sorry to hear about the "fuel pump" issue. Hope you get it fixed quickly.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
6 track days and how many miles on your ODO by now? You must be McLaren's most accomplished real-world tester!
Wondering if he has been able to beat Randy Pobst's time?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm around 16,700 miles, I think. There is one other owner out here that was at 16K miles a few weeks ago when the P1 was in town as well. He's an older guy, just uses it completely as his DD. I'd warrant I'm McLaren's most abusive real-world tester...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wondering if he has been able to beat Randy Pobst's time?
My best time to date is a 1:39.7 - about 5s behind Randy's time. All in all, pretty respectable. I consistently can run 1:41s all day.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My best time to date is a 1:39.7 - about 5s behind Randy's time. All in all, pretty respectable. I consistently can run 1:41s all day.
Would be cool if you could ride with him and see where you are losing time. Am about 4 hours away from Portland International Raceway, never tracked a car, but might try it this summer.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Running my every day P-Zeros. Running 32 rear, 29 front (reset after each session)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The Graphite Grey looks stunning, love that shot of you coming down the cork screw.

Is there a reason you went black calipers instead of McLaren Orange to match your interior theme? Can't tell from the photos whether you have Orange, or Red mesh seat inserts?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After a yellow Cayman, a peridot Cayman, and a pearl white Gallardo, the gf pushed me to get an understated color... and I really like the covert, Batmobile-esque exterior of the graphite grey with stealth/black options all around. And yeah, orange sports fabric seats.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
1:39's is quite good! Congrats.

Regarding the tires - I'm not a big fan of them. They heat up too fast(in Texas) and get greasy. Plus high tire temps causes all kinda warnings etc which isn't confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't find them sticky enough, no. And yeah, only cars passing me were race cars, and a 911 TurboS on slicks. Man that thing just stuck in the corners. I haven't any of the errors that Ritesh mentions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.