McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will have been my 6th track day in the 12C. Another beautiful day at Laguna Seca - just glorious. Unfortunately, the fuel pump decided to have issues at the beginning of my 5th session. Car would just completely fall on its face under hard throttle. I was able to drive it home, and will be checked out this week by the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hey, those red gloves match the hood emblem! ;) Kidding!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were the only color available in my size the day I needed gloves... I definitely get a lot of grief for them. On the plus side, they are super sticky.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
They were the only color available in my size the day I needed gloves... I definitely get a lot of grief for them. On the plus side, they are super sticky.
Your sunglass lenses do match your interior though! ;)

Sorry to hear about the "fuel pump" issue. Hope you get it fixed quickly.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
6 track days and how many miles on your ODO by now? You must be McLaren's most accomplished real-world tester!
Wondering if he has been able to beat Randy Pobst's time?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm around 16,700 miles, I think. There is one other owner out here that was at 16K miles a few weeks ago when the P1 was in town as well. He's an older guy, just uses it completely as his DD. I'd warrant I'm McLaren's most abusive real-world tester...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wondering if he has been able to beat Randy Pobst's time?
My best time to date is a 1:39.7 - about 5s behind Randy's time. All in all, pretty respectable. I consistently can run 1:41s all day.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
My best time to date is a 1:39.7 - about 5s behind Randy's time. All in all, pretty respectable. I consistently can run 1:41s all day.
Would be cool if you could ride with him and see where you are losing time. Am about 4 hours away from Portland International Raceway, never tracked a car, but might try it this summer.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Running my every day P-Zeros. Running 32 rear, 29 front (reset after each session)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The Graphite Grey looks stunning, love that shot of you coming down the cork screw.

Is there a reason you went black calipers instead of McLaren Orange to match your interior theme? Can't tell from the photos whether you have Orange, or Red mesh seat inserts?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After a yellow Cayman, a peridot Cayman, and a pearl white Gallardo, the gf pushed me to get an understated color... and I really like the covert, Batmobile-esque exterior of the graphite grey with stealth/black options all around. And yeah, orange sports fabric seats.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Running my every day P-Zeros. Running 32 rear, 29 front (reset after each session)
do you find the tires sticky enough for track use? besides full on race cars, are any street cars passing you?
besides the Pagani, i dont think anything is faster on the track from what ive heard.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
1:39's is quite good! Congrats.

Regarding the tires - I'm not a big fan of them. They heat up too fast(in Texas) and get greasy. Plus high tire temps causes all kinda warnings etc which isn't confidence inspiring.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't find them sticky enough, no. And yeah, only cars passing me were race cars, and a 911 TurboS on slicks. Man that thing just stuck in the corners. I haven't any of the errors that Ritesh mentions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts