McLaren Life banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Anyone else has any problems with moisture on their 3 round vents?
I have alot of moisture on all 3 vents today. Not sure if it was because the windows were open. Im going to try it with windows closed later today, but right now I have extreme moisture on all 4 vents. I just noticed it today when I touched it.

Here are some pictures:

lc

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Calvin,thats just a combination of the humidity and temperature of the inside of the cabin,reacting with the cold air coming out of the vents,no different than the inside of your house windows dewing up if you don't have double glazing on a cold day :)

·
Honorary Member
661 Posts
Calvin,thats just a combination of the humidity and temperature of the inside of the cabin,reacting with the cold air coming out of the vents,no different than the inside of your house windows dewing up if you don't have double glazing on a cold day :)

Correct. Close the cabin windows and let the AC do it's thing and all will be good.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, so its normal and happens to your cars as well? I didnt notice this on the spider when i had the a/c running with the top and windows down so didnt know if this was normal. Thought my A/C was acting up.
thx for the quick replay guys,
lc

·
Honorary Member
661 Posts
Ahh, so its normal and happens to your cars as well? I didnt notice this on the spider when i had the a/c running with the top and windows down so didnt know if this was normal. Thought my A/C was acting up.
thx for the quick replay guys,
lc
With a spyder air flow inside helps wick away condensation as a fan will will defog a window.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Happens in every car on the planet. High humidity, warm air, cool air coming out of the vents makes the warm air close to them drop in temperature which causes the water to build up and stick to the cold surface. Kinda the opposite of boiling a pot if water and seeing water evaporate ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts