McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I use Expat Shield to watch BBC stuff. It's a software application that creates a VPN tunnel to the UK. With Firefox and Ad Block Plus installed I have found it is totally unobtrusive and free compared to most paid VPN offerings.

Watching your link now as I also wanted to see this. :cool:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Erik

I used Expat Shield too for a while but found that it got slower and slower to the point where it wasn't worth watching - too many minutes looking at the little swirly thingy. Good to know you don't have problems so I might try it again. A load of my expat buddies lease a vpn connection for around $20 per month that gives them seamless access to UK programming

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
It got me through the entire F1 season. I can't stand all the commercials on SPEED. I had zero buffering at all watching this program last night.

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
The kid with the umbrella was my favorite part - what a knob! I did rewind it twice there to watch his stupidity and have a good laugh.

Also, the lady with the roses - they didn't show the poor sap who brings them to her, but that must be years worth of roses and she "might marry him" when they reach the ceiling? I wrote her off completely at that point.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Nope, still more swirly thingy than documentary. Just taken 12 minutes to watch the first 5

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The door closing at the 0:11 mark is the best part of the whole video. :( I'd kill for the 12C doors to close that easily.
Oh it's the duh dude, may I suggest a couple of things, get a better mechanic who knows the ins and outs of the MP4 12C. Or you may want to try and go the the gym and develop some muscles ? so that you can close those feathery light doors on your vehicle. You got to admit the guy in the Lambo has big arms maybe that's why he's having a easy time with closing his door. Lol..... How do you like them apples??, have a great day. Cheers....??

·
Registered
314 Posts
Pardoning my frozen friend's outburst, but it clearly looks like there's little to no effort in closing that door (muscles or not). Are there any any 12C owners that have doors that close that (visibly) easy?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes mine works fine, which is due in part to the level of knowledge and passion of the people I have come to know at Pfaff. As well being humble and courteous towards those who are trying to resolve your concerns. In other worlds everyone deserves a little respect, and chances are you will be respected in return. Last but not least is the fact that I tend to be well endowed with both upper and lower body strength. Cheers....??

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
It is curious that the Gulfies are happy to pose around the London streets and make no excursions into the country or organise track days on the many circuits dotted around London; especially as the cost is small change to them........hell they could even fly their cars to Silverstone!

I thought the programme proved what we all know. Hooligan sounds sell cars as much as performance statistics.

Last time I visited Harrods I saw more £1m plus cars than at the Geneva Motorshow.......it is amusing in some ways, dropping into Harrods in a Paggihyra to get a cheese sandwich .

ps. I thought the bicycle riding Policeman was amusing defending the Gulfies to the local resident.......like he was repeating a Government briefing and did not want to admit that the massive spending by the Gulphies influenced official behaviour.

He was not convinced and knew his push bike was inappropriate to catch the Paggihyra's.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Finally watched this on youtube. Hate to say it but it made the Knightsbridge set look like " upper class twits of the year candidates" and the Gulfies look like your normal car loving hooligans. Interesting that when asked if they'd ever talked to the Arabs directly there was a horrified look of "good heavens, we can't do that"!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Finally watched this on youtube. Hate to say it but it made the Knightsbridge set look like " upper class twits of the year candidates" and the Gulfies look like your normal car loving hooligans. Interesting that when asked if they'd ever talked to the Arabs directly there was a horrified look of "good heavens, we can't do that"!
Couldn't agree more. The locals seemed to be stuck in a 60's time warp. As was the Policeman!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I am trying to buy all there properties CHEAP because they live on a race track ive told them there properties are WORTHLESS :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Robbine, brilliant thinking but remember there is no beach or sand in Knightsbridge ........ That's why it is Gulphies paradise:eek:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Robbine, brilliant thinking but remember there is no beach or sand in Knightsbridge ........ That's why it is Gulphies paradise:eek:
When i got all there flats & houses i will just PERSUADE ( in the only way i know ) the foreign gentlemen they are NOT WELCOME & i know they will go home & i will go & buy a P1
HAPPYS DAYS :):):):):):):):):):):)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
When i got all there flats & houses i will just PERSUADE ( in the only way i know ) the foreign gentlemen they are NOT WELCOME & i know they will go home & i will go & buy a P1
HAPPYS DAYS :):):):):):):):):):):)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Guess you will use some other foreign gentlemen to persude them,those that cannot afford to use such cars ;):D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts