McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Miller did a really bang up job with the get together and drive up to Monticello.

I was hoping others that were there, too, took and post more photos/videos than I did here.

Highlights
(1) They had a volcano orange F1 at Miller. That car is so freaking good looking, still. Unfortunately, I failed to grab that shot. :(

(2) 17 Mac owners showed up.

(3) The drive up was really pretty. The first part was through some sweet back roads. This is the first time I ever enjoyed driving in traffic. All McLaren traffic that is; although a random 458 joined in the fun for part of the run up. All the fall colors changing. Beautiful lakes. Farms. Forrests. Really startlingly picturesque drive.

(4) For the record, we didn't break the speed limit once! :roll eyes: If any one has video of the "swarm" part of the drive, that doesn't include my license plate, I'd love to see it. At one point 17 McLarens swarmed past some traffic. The noise of 17 Mac's simultaneously gassing it through traffic was something astounding, insane, and way too much fun.

(5) At Monticello, we did a few spirited parade laps. It was fun. The track was a bit cool, which didn't affect our laps much, but unfortunately a gentleman in a stock car lost grip and hit a wall hard later in the day. I managed to turn the car so sideways at one point I almost waved to the rest of convoy behind me.

Few Other Thoughts
Really nice folks. Really well done event. My only regret is I didn't hook up with a couple of the forum members that I think were there today. Annoyed at myself for that. This is something we should all find excuses to do more regularly. I thoroughly enjoyed the trek and meeting all the cool folks.

Anyway, hoping others that were there might post their impressions and snap shots too.

Cheers

Attachments

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Here's a nice photo of the F1 from the Driving Force Club Instagram.

The color may have played a role in inspiring the 'Volcano Orange' paint, but when this F1 was repainted for a (then) new owner at the beginning of the last decade the color was called "Candy Orange Metallic".

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here's a nice photo of the F1 from the Driving Force Club Instagram.

The color may have played a role in inspiring the 'Volcano Orange' paint, but when this F1 was repainted for a (then) new owner at the beginning of the last decade the color was called "Candy Orange Metallic".

>8^)
ER
Erik,

Is this Dan Kennedy's old car? #038?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Interesting color choice! Is that a wrap?

Except for the track incident, looks like your guys had a blast!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Erik,

Is this Dan Kennedy's old car? #038?
Correct, he sold it in late 2004. Then it had a pair of owners over the next two years - one in Houston and one in Atlanta - before landing in the current pair of hands.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's a Volcano Yellow with a purple wrap
It's the LA Lakers colors
Always keep an Open Mind
It's Creative and eye catching
You can't get down a street without a zillion
Photos being taken
The Kids love it
It reminds everyone of the Tron car from the
Movie
Just Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I think the wheel rims need to be orange and the spokes purple.......oh ,and the door inners need wrapping:eek:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It really does look like a Tron car. It's very well done, particularly when you get close. You can see the way the lines start out thin and built up to consistent thickness. It's very wild. And wraps are all about fun and wild things.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
:rolleyes:
It's a Volcano Yellow with a purple wrap
It's the LA Lakers colors
Always keep an Open Mind
It's Creative and eye catching
You can't get down a street without a zillion
Photos being taken
The Kids love it
It reminds everyone of the Tron car from the
Movie
Just Enjoy!!!
That's what I was thinking, "Tron." Still not my cup of tea, but to each his own. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unfortunately missed the event due to a 6 inch nail that mysteriously found its way into my rear tire on Friday night - bummed as was signed up for the track. Heard great things about how the event went, and full credit to Evan for putting it on - well played pal!

·
Registered
67 Posts
zorro212 - good seeing you and catching up, it's been too long!
jkheit - wish I knew you were there, would have looked for you to say hi. I was with my buddy in his VO Spider, probably saw me sticking my head out to get photos during the drive. We only did part of the drive as we had to head back so never made it to MMC. Was the car crashed a McLaren?
Yes, Evan and Miller did a great job!

Here are some shots I got:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great pics Hovik, thanks!

No, the car that crashed was a nascar style stock car. On slicks, on a cold day, I think that did him in. He only got about 2 laps in and lost it, and I noticed he was running really loose even at low speed. It was a bad into the wall wreck, but he was OK which is all that counts.

But that ended up closing half the track, so those driving had a short track run, which is still a fun circuit.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi John
Sorry we didn’t meet at the meet; looking forward to hooking up with you next time.
I see your in NYC
I’m downtown maybe we can grab a dinner one evening and talk Mclaren
Steve

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi John
Sorry we didn’t meet at the meet; looking forward to hooking up with you next time.
I see your in NYC
I’m downtown maybe we can grab a dinner one evening and talk Mclaren
Steve
Happy to Zorro. Sorry too. Absolutely. I live in Harlem but work midtown. Happy to get together. Maybe PM some times?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts