McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my current Ferrari and first exotic with 4,600 miles and racked up the odo to 13,300 in 11 months. It's now traded in for a 2019 570S Track Pack due to ship to me on Friday (YAY!) and I plan to drive it like I stole it. What's the general consensus here? These cars deprecate at a pretty steep curve it seems regardless of how much they are driven it seems, so it begs the question? Why let her sit?! Where are you on mileage? Lets get some stats rolling!

Adam

·
Registered
164 Posts
2500 miles in 7 months.

I would drive it every day if it weren’t for the weather here in CT.

Not so much worried about the cold temps - once they start ploughing the roads the huge crater potholes appear and I would end up with burst tires and or broken rims. So she’s been put away for the Winter now.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I drive my car every chance I get. There cars were meant to be driven and not to just have them sit in the garage. I have had it since July and I am near 5K. We did a road trip to FL and back which was great and fun. If the weather allows, I might take it out for another road trip after Christmas. I am thinking to do a cross country road trip from Virginia to California and back. Luggage will be an issue and it will need to be as minimal as possible. My wife might let me have 10% of the luggage compartment o_O

·
Registered
55 Posts
I drive the heck out of mine! 2017 with 47,000 miles. Planning to drive it forever. I didn’t buy this car for investment purposes. I’m getting my moneys worth! No issues no no thing. I even bought an extended warranty with Mclaren to covers need till almost 70,000 miles so I am going to drive the heck out of it! I’m sure Bruce Mclaren would be proud!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love you guys lol. This is what it's all about!!!

Reactions: RBH

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bought my 570s track pack 11 months ago and have put 9,000 miles on it! Car is way to much fun to just let it sit in the garage!

·
Registered
97 Posts
And I’m sitting here looking at the local forecast and am thinking about puttimine on it’s flatstroppers and tuck it in under its cover for winter. However I definitely am looking forward to when the nice weather returns. I have plans to drive it as much...as my wife lets me. Lol

She isn’t keen to me leaving her at home with the baby, while I go cruising without her.

I had a R8 that was a garage queen, but I definitely don’t want my 570 to be the same. Just hard to take her out when the tires turn into blocks, and the roads are covered in salt/sand and whatever else they dump on them.

@RBH...you will just have to drive me around more in yours. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've found the more you use a vehicle, the less issues it'll give you as long as you maintain it properly.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I love you guys lol. This is what it's all about!!!
Many factors in this;

1) How many exotic cars a person owns
2) garaged at home or offsite (related to #1)
3) Bought new at full MSRP
4) Bought used and decently depreciated
5) Leased with significant yearly mileage allowance
6) Objective of exotic car purchase (you are using it directly/indirectly for business purposes)

imo; nothing to brag about if you have higher mileage than others.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I drive the heck out of mine! 2017 with 47,000 miles. Planning to drive it forever. I didn’t buy this car for investment purposes. I’m getting my moneys worth! No issues no no thing. I even bought an extended warranty with Mclaren to covers need till almost 70,000 miles so I am going to drive the heck out of it! I’m sure Bruce Mclaren would be proud!
awesome man glad to see someone with real miles on it. did you buy new?

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Well done folks! These are incredible drivers’ cars so it’s great to see them in the hand of real drivers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts