McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 McLaren 600LT Helios Orange
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just picked up my Helios 600LT. I have noticed that a lot of people don't really drive their Macs. I'm curious what your mileage is and if you have had any major issues that costed you money, other than the yearly McLaren maintenance. I expect I'll put ~7,000 miles a year on my 600LT if it doesn't break.

3,581 miles. No issues, but 1st day of ownership! lol

-Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
every journey starts at the zero mile mark

enjoy

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
2018 spider delivered mid july 2018

getting a 1000 mile trip in 1st weekend of june otherwise just been some short 50 mile drives this year so far

no issues at all besides a broken key fob that had to get a new fob since wasnt sensed anymore

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2018 spider delivered mid july 2018

getting a 1000 mile trip in 1st weekend of june otherwise just been some short 50 mile drives this year so far

no issues at all besides a broken key fob that had to get a new fob since wasnt sensed anymore
One of my Key fobs broke today. Won't connect to car. Swapped batteries and still nothing. I'm assuming that I will need a new fob which sucks because I am 5hrs from the dealership and I guess they need the car to program a new fob?

-Mike

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,190 Posts
Did you try laying the FOB on the FOB reader in the car? There are some reports of RF interference preventing working FOBs from starting the car. The famous popcorn P1 story.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
One of my Key fobs broke today. Won't connect to car. Swapped batteries and still nothing. I'm assuming that I will need a new fob which sucks because I am 5hrs from the dealership and I guess they need the car to program a new fob?

-Mike
Yeah unfortunately they have to use the special McLaren tools since I am 8 hours away from the dealer they ended up just flying the technician to my place to install the new key fob and program versus a tow bill for that much since was down to 1 fob

this was about 6 months into ownership

·
Registered
184 Posts
About 6,700 on my 2017 570s. Bought it a year ago with about 4,200. Due for service so about to arrange that and have them give the car a good once-over before factory warranty expires next month.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No issues whatsoever. Literally! On the contrary my dealership in Tampa says that is due to the car being driven regularly. I just recently traded it in for 2020 600LT with 3500 miles and love it too. Plan to drive it as well cross country

·
Registered
173 Posts
No issues whatsoever. Literally! On the contrary my dealership in Tampa says that is due to the car being driven regularly. I just recently traded it in for 2020 600LT with 3500 miles and love it too. Plan to drive it as well cross country
Good on you man! That’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is freaking awesome to hear and supposedly the 600LT is more reliable than the 570s. I have put 600 miles on my 600LT in the past 7 days and plan to continue driving the hell out of it. Just curious, what did they give you on your 570 trade with 50k miles?

I have had a key fob lose connection to the car in my first week of ownership and have to take it to the dealer 5hrs away to fix it. Real pita. No other issues though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was that the blue one they had in the show room several months ago?

·
Registered
45 Posts
2020 600Lt i got july 8th. borealis edition, 1753 miles in the first not even a month🙌 we never know what tomorrow may bring, but today ny ass was in a mclaren and im gonna take every mile as a blessing and keep driving.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts