McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The P15 is some way off but will sit above the 12c at around £400k,but as we know the p13 will be arriving next year and in the meantime there will be some styling changes to the 12c adopted from the P1 ,which we know about.But they kept the P15 under their wraps,again its going to be a turbo v8,so is it a watered down none electric P1 ?? at 1200kg

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Very exciting. The interesting thing is that the P15 will sit in the Aventador, F12 Berlinetta etc. category but the 12c can already pretty much rival them now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
What's project 14, the next 12C?

·
Owner
277 Posts
The P15 is some way off but will sit above the 12c at around £400k,but as we know the p13 will be arriving next year and in the meantime there will be some styling changes to the 12c adopted from the P1 ,which we know about.But they kept the P15 under their wraps,again its going to be a turbo v8,so is it a watered down none electric P1 ?? at 1200kg
I hope so what I want is a non electric P1 to me the perfect exotic light fast simple. Ill be first inline

·
Registered
209 Posts
A non hybrid P1 would be stellar. I imagine it would be more luxurious though and not as weight obsessed. Also they might modify the monocell to allow for a spyder version.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Very surprising and highly interesting. You guys (and me) are not likely to get your wish, however. Why would they make a non-hybrid going fwd? The P1 has staked out the future direction. My guess is 800 bhp, not as focused as the P1 (i.e. Not 600kg of downforce, less exotic materials, more weight).

Perhaps they have seen the Aventador order book and that's that. With the Lambo and F12 normally aspirated and 4000lbs kerb, you table to admit it is perfectly tee'd up. P15 hybrid can be 3600-3700 lbs, even, and crush the Italians. Heck, the 12C refresh will crush them.

Price seems a premium for the sector however, so I suppose performance must match. I admit I am wondering how appealing yet another 12C/ MonoCell/M838T based car will be to the marketplace... I would love to see a next gen platform to underpin this offering, instead.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very surprising and highly interesting. You guys (and me) are not likely to get your wish, however. Why would they make a non-hybrid going fwd? The P1 has staked out the future direction. My guess is 800 bhp, not as focused as the P1 (i.e. Not 600kg of downforce, less exotic materials, more weight).

Perhaps they have seen the Aventador order book and that's that. With the Lambo and F12 normally aspirated and 4000lbs kerb, you table to admit it is perfectly tee'd up. P15 hybrid can be 3600-3700 lbs, even, and crush the Italians. Heck, the 12C refresh will crush them.

Price seems a premium for the sector however, so I suppose performance must match. I admit I am wondering how appealing yet another 12C/ MonoCell/M838T based car will be to the marketplace... I would love to see a next gen platform to underpin this offering, instead.
The current monocell was designed for 7 variants,so the P15 could be a new sheet design,it a way off yet

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
McLaren originally designed their Production Centre with the intent of building up to 4,000 cars per year at maximum capacity. Not sure they will get beyond that even for another decade and they would certainly require more space to do so.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
McLaren originally designed their Production Centre with the intent of building up to 4,000 cars per year at maximum capacity. Not sure they will get beyond that even for another decade and they would certainly require more space to do so.

>8^)
ER
I think the facility will cope with 6,000 with a full shift system

1 - 10 of 10 Posts