McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
The mac comes with Pirelli and some people like it, others go Goodyear but so far I dont see no one going to arguably the best tire maker in the moment, Michelin.

Has anyone tried the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 S or Pilot Sport Cup 2 (the normal version not the R version)?
If so, how do you review it and do you prefer it to the Pirellis?

Thank you all for the feedback!

·
Registered
551 Posts
The Michelin PS4S is so much better than the factory fit Pirrelli PZ it is ridiculous more grip and traction everywhere and even more when its cooler/wet, total no brainer to swap, I got a puncture in one of my rears when they were half worn and changed all 4 Pirellis to PS4S - great move :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... I was expecting this answer.... the PS4 S rock!
And has anyone tried the Cup 2 in the Mac?

·
Owner
521 Posts
I am waiting for my pzeros to wear down on the 720s so that I can slap the PS4s. I moved from R888s to PS4s on my 911turbo and GTR and they are absolutely a great tire overall.

Reactions: Gqa

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put Sport Cup 2s on mine and do track days. Less harsh on the street than the stock Pirellis - mine did not come with Corsas. Grip level on the track obviously much higher and gives me a huge margin of error for track days.

·
2019 Paris Blue 720S
2019 720S
806 Posts
I put Sport Cup 2s on mine and do track days. Less harsh on the street than the stock Pirellis - mine did not come with Corsas. Grip level on the track obviously much higher and gives me a huge margin of error for track days.
OE rims? What sizes did you go with? Any clearance issues?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ok .... I'm here to talk about track performance again .. Daily driving pls don't ask me. ? ?

I haven't try cup2 R . but I will use 5 sets and come back.

3R ~ Trofeo
3R > cup 2 = new p4z corsa
p4z = michelin ps4s pure daily tire with some performance better than old PSS , very soft quiet and had good grip on the mountain.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi guys!

Can you help me with the Michelin / Pirelli tire equivalency please.

PZero - MPSS 4 ??
Corsa - MPSS 4 S ??
Trofeo - MPSC 2 (I think this one is right, right?)
And the super focused Trofeo R are Michelin's PSC 2 R right?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can tell u that I have (maybe) an issue with the Michelin 4s on my 720s spider.
On the rear I have on my HRE wheels 325/30 4s tyres, and it looks like that they are not providing the needed grip.

Very often the yellow ESC lamp is blinking with the result of less power, feels like that a lot of power is missing and the accelaration is like an naturally aspirated engine...

Believing that this is an issue of the car, I went to the dealer to claim it.

Mounting stock wheels and tyres with only 305 tyres on the back it looks like that the issue is solved. They would change from Micheling 4s to Pirelli Corsa and think that the issue is than solved. ESC system and everything else is working very well.

That said, it looks like that the 4s do not have that grip that I would have expect from them :-/

Very strange....

·
Registered
159 Posts
I can tell u that I have (maybe) an issue with the Michelin 4s on my 720s spider.
On the rear I have on my HRE wheels 325/30 4s tyres, and it looks like that they are not providing the needed grip.

Very often the yellow ESC lamp is blinking with the result of less power, feels like that a lot of power is missing and the accelaration is like an naturally aspirated engine...

Believing that this is an issue of the car, I went to the dealer to claim it.

Mounting stock wheels and tyres with only 305 tyres on the back it looks like that the issue is solved. They would change from Micheling 4s to Pirelli Corsa and think that the issue is than solved. ESC system and everything else is working very well.

That said, it looks like that the 4s do not have that grip that I would have expect from them :-/

Very strange....
So you are running same size front tire which is 245/35/19
And 325/30/20 with her wheel ?
305 and 325 had 1.8% differences in diameter . But I need front tire size

1 - 20 of 57 Posts