McLaren Life banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What settings do you have for the Meridian sound system.

I have found it a bit underwhelming with everything set to default but have not got around to tweaking it yet. I would be interested to see/hear how others have set it up.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've found there's no single setting that's right for all music/sources. I keep it pretty close to flat, but if the source is anything less than ideal you may have to go -1 or -2 on the treble. Bass is usually +1 or +2. I like zero on the fader bias (i.e., the default setting for front/rear). Despite what I've read from some others, it truly is a fantastic system, but very dependent on the quality of your source material. Try to use "lossless" data rates via USB. With a high-quality source, it sounds among the best I've heard for everything except low bass (40Hz and lower). It only has two 6" bass drivers, and they're optimized for midbass, so it's never going to have the kick in the guts of a good subwoofer, but I find that it's really satisfying and with clean source material doesn't fatigue you after hours on a long journey. Also, the speakers take a while to "break-in" and don't sound their best until about 50 hours of play time has accumulated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts