McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I re-start the car, the left hand screen usually takes quite a few seconds to offer me the "pull the stalk to return to previous seat setting" prompt, and meanwhile tells me the parking brake is on. Is there a way to get the "pull stalk" message immediately so I can get the seat forward without waiting? I know I can use the memory button down on the seat control but this is more difficult than pulling the lever.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The vehicle is suppose to be awake but ignition off....It is spelled out in the owner manual supplement issued when the upgrades are performed..
Did you receive this.?
I was having the same problem until I read the instructions..
Drivers door closed, ignition off (awake), comfort entry/exit ON..

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
The vehicle is suppose to be awake but ignition off....It is spelled out in the owner manual supplement issued when the upgrades are performed..
Did you receive this.?

Hope this helps.
Thats a good point Stewart W, I pretty sure I've mentioned that in the past. We in fact should be referring to the operation manual for this vehicle, hey it is a good read. Then if that doesn't resolve the issues your confronted with, I would proceed by posting your question on this forum. Yes I know it doesn't make any sense to do something twice, it's a total waste of time for some of us. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you receive this.?

Hope this helps.
I wasn't clear. When I get in the car and close the door, and before I hit the start button, the screen says Parking Brake Applied and I need to wait for a few seconds before the Pull Stalk script shows. This wait is a nuisance. What am I doing wrong? I've read the manual.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for checking. I'll see if the dealer can shorten or eliminate my delay which is more like 5 seconds.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I wasn't clear. When I get in the car and close the door, and before I hit the start button, the screen says Parking Brake Applied and I need to wait for a few seconds before the Pull Stalk script shows. This wait is a nuisance. What am I doing wrong? I've read the manual.
I have the same problem, sometimes it works, sometimes it is way too slow, so I just start the car and push memory 1 seat.

·
Registered
862 Posts
It's not great, I typically find that the "Pull stalk" message appears once all of the criteria have been met but then disappears before I've had the chance to pull it and is replaced by the handbrake message. Sit for another 3 or 4 seconds and the pull stalk message returns and stays for long enough to be used.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Can anyone provide images of what you are talking about, so that when I do get the opportunity to drive my car I'll be able to grasp what's going down. Thanks in advance and much appreciated. Cheers....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm not using comfort entry. Only took the elec seats to heat my bum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there a way to pull front seats forward— not sliding up or down to adjust, as if you had a backseat and wanted to let someone in the back.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Is there a way to pull front seats forward— not sliding up or down to adjust, as if you had a backseat and wanted to let someone in the back.
no,unless you press the button until the seat is fully forward.
you can manually swing the seatback forward though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts