McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange mechanical grinding sound from left front wheel when I turn right. I have checked everything possible and can't find the problem. It comes at very low speeds.
Anyone experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
At very low speed the front judders and grunches when turning tightly. This has been reported by a number of owners. Wonder if it does it on hot tyres?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had the same issue. The fix was to clean corrosion off the hub and coat with anti-seize compound.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed brake-pads and after this I got the problem. But everything looks ok around the brakes. If I lift the car and turn the wheels there is no sound.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
It might be the A/C hoses and ducting coming into contact with the tire. Mine did this, easy fix at the dealer, in fact its about to get it adjusted again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had grinding sounds coming from both front hubs when turning on high lock at low speed or braking hard. Dealer said they had to clean and grease the hubs. Doesn't sound very high tech to me!

Now I have a loud rumbling, rattling noise coming from the left underside driving over bumpy road surface. Sounds like the floor is loose but dealer says its might be from the steering box. Factory wants a "sound file" to confirm! I'm getting tired of this...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts