McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
That must be the international sign for 600kg of downforce,a physical expression ive never seen by an Italian :D

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Took these pics last evening with phone camera...hope you still find them enjoyable.
They are great Stewart - thanks! :cool:

What were your impressions of P1?

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
guess taht's your missus then andy, as she got high heels on not Uggs... :)
I thought that at first Mikeyb,but when i looked i realised it couldnt have been as she always buys shoes that fit .!!;)
Stewart,if ive just insulted your wife,it was a joke!! :) and she still has great legs!.THanks for posting the great pictures of the car also.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
She's a personal trainer and fitness/bikini model named Jessica Renee. You can find her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or her own website. I only know this because she was one of the first to post a photo of P1 last night which I neglected to share earlier because it's not such a great shot of the car. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
She's a personal trainer and fitness/bikini model named Jessica Renee. You can find her on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or her own website. I only know this because she was one of the first to post a photo of P1 last night which I neglected to share earlier because it's not such a great shot of the car. ;)

>8^)
ER
yes terrible shot of the car... does nothing for the lines at all....
as we're all appreciating .. best to see it in person..... ;-):D:D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Wow,i really must ask if she would like me to help her with getting her shoes to fit next time :D

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Looking at the rear wing/spoiler it seems to be in two parts. Wonder if there is some aero trickery with it doing two jobs, first as a spoiler and then as a down-force wing?

I can see two shut lines around the wing hence the question.

If someone could pm me the girls number I will call her and ask.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Looking at the rear wing/spoiler it seems to be in two parts. Wonder if there is some aero trickery with it doing two jobs, first as a spoiler and then as a down-force wing?

I can see two shut lines around the wing hence the question.

If someone could pm me the girls number I will call her and ask.
On those pictures it looks like 2 parts,but unless they have changed it its a one piece wing with a slot through the middle,although the wing does seem to have several postions when it is raised.
Oh,and she said the swipe was a turn on as well as the english accent,am i dreaming now ??

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
RIC - Most of your post seems like a windup :D ...but if that's a serious question about the wing let me know?

Also, why bother calling when you can Tweet - conversations are so much better 140 characters at a time. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
From what I've seen the wing is made of 2 pieces bolted together to allow for it to be a twin element wing.
That's how it was on the show car in Paris - this picture should make that fairly clear:

<-- click

Interestingly, the car used in the initial press photos had a single piece wing.

<-- click

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
That's how it was on the show car in Paris - this picture should make that fairly clear:

<-- click

Interestingly, the car used in the initial press photos had a single piece wing.

<-- click

>8^)
ER
the mules testing seem to have the same strut and wing design as the Paris concept;)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Really? OMG OMG OMG OMG I thought it was the same as the press photos one!

No but seriously, someone please get Captain Obvious his cape and boots....

That aside, it's interesting they changed it to 2 separate pieces on the show car, it's no doubt cheaper to make 2 pieces and bolt them together than to make that single piece (which would need quite the creative mold for the CF) but I thought this would be another 'no expense spared' showcase of McLaren tech?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts

<-- click

<-- click

>8^)
ER
Good spot Erik,i seem to remember the car i saw at the MTC only had the 1 piece slotted wing,that was 2 weeks before Paris,and a few days before the pictures were released,but there was too much to take in at the time,not knowing what to expect !!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts