McLaren Life banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2012 MP4-12C
10,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to McLarenLife!

McLarenLife was established to provide a mature place where McLaren enthusiasts could engage in discussion, debate, and dialogue on our common interests. It is expected that all posting be mature, respectful, and add to the community. And while disagreements, debate, and critiques are all welcome and are key to lively and insightful discussions, nevertheless, inflammatory behavior will result in an immediate ban. To quote Osiris_x11 "Often it's not what is said, but rather how it's said."

McLarenLife is a forum that prizes civil free discourse. Members of the community may offer affirmations, critical opinions, contradictory takes, and even alternative views of topics and/or product offerings. Some of these comments may come from from individuals while others from competing vendors. This sort of conversation and commentary is allowable, and even encouraged, so that everyone may form the most informed opinions regarding any topic and/or product offering. That said...

McLarenLife will not tolerate any of the following abuses:
  1. aggressive/rude behavior, browbeating individuals/vendors, trolling, etc. (i.e., inflammatory behavior)
  2. doxxing
  3. harassment/stalking
  4. libel
  5. scams
  6. spam
  7. hijacking threads with divergent off-topic posts*
  8. Non-Sponsor/Vendor (i.e., regular Forum members) Ads/Sales
    1. Sponsor/Vendor Ads/Sales are allowed only for those that become a forum Sponsor/Vendor per the Vendor FAQs upon contacting the forum for Sponsor/Vendor status and/or @Admin.
    2. Non-Sponsor/Vendor (i.e., regular forum members) Ads/Sales are allowed only in the classified forum sections, and are further subject to the following:
      1. Forum members may advertise only personally owned and used products (e.g., selling your car, you bought a new set of wheels so you're selling your old set of wheels, etc.).
      2. Forum members may organize group purchases of new products where enough forum members all express an interest in obtaining a group purchase discount, as is customary in the forums (e.g., organizing may take place outside the classified forums).
      3. Forum members may not engage in reselling of new parts not of a personal nature. For example, a forum member may not buy 10 sets of wheels to replace their set of wheels, and hope to resell 9 other sets of wheels for profit and/or to finance/pay their new set of wheels--this also applies to buying one set of wheels for yourself and reselling just a second set (i.e., no "Multi-Unit Reselling") and/or just reselling new non-personal single-units.
      4. Forum members may not engage in reselling via direct message solicitation. For example, reported direct message solicitations such as: "My friend has just what you need, hit him up at RipVanWinkle69U at google.com" will result in a ban (i.e., see "scams" above).
  9. and/or the like abuses
*With regard to off-topic posts: it is common for any thread to occasionally, or even frequently, diverge from the stated thread topic. This is allowable and understandable, and even to some degree encouraged, as the normal tendency of tangents to be discussed and explored helps everyone more fully understand topics of interest. However, this is tolerated to the extent there is support by participants within a thread to explore, for some reasonable time, and when such support evaporates, the off-topic posting should conclude or risk being considered to impermissibly have hijacked the thread; those interested in the off-topic issues may start their own new thread on that topic as remedy. Often this is a subjective judgement call, however, moderators will be free to end such off-topic highjacking when it goes too far.

If an individual and/or vendor is experiencing any such abuse, they should turn to the site moderators and/or administrators for help to clear up such problematic postings.

Such abuses may result in temporary and/or permanent banning from the forum.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I reached out to @Isaac to see if we can help in some way.
I searched for the thread, but I don't see it now. A lot of very personal information was posted, it bordered on sociopathic behaviour imo. Maybe there's other history of which I'm unaware, but it's hard for me to imagine anything that would justify what was posted publicly. This is exactly the sort of reason why I'm relatively careful about posting things in public that might identify me, no doubt there's enough out there to find me, but someone would have to go to some trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.