McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Owner
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McLaren World Record - 1000+ RWHP, Highest HP (turbo-only). No laughing gas needed, just good ole' boost. Cranked her up and she spun her way through the 1000 rwhp barrier. It's now official, McLarens have just arrived to play with the big boys

Special thanks to: Dynospectrum, XPRD, Soul Performance, Dodson Motorsports, P1 Motorcars

See you at the finish line!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mod list? You do anything for internals or just FBO? Pure turbos, downpipes, tune and clutches?

·
Owner
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mod list? You do anything for internals or just FBO? Pure turbos, downpipes, tune and clutches?

Sorry, not listing mods yet since there is some secret sauce here, but I am running XPRD BorgWarner 7163 kit.

Reactions: Spr

·
Owner
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations and thank you for laying the groundwork for this. Great for the community.

Thank you! Happy to be a part of the community! Hoping to get McLaren some much needed recognition in the aftermarket scene.

·
Owner
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the engine built? Hypercar was doing 1200 HP systems with built motors a while ago but they have gone silent
I think you mean hyperfastcar CLAIMED they had a 1200 hp system. If this is true, then how come the 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and 60-130 mph records belonged to cars that had about half that hp at the time? Doesn't quite add up, does it?......

Anyway, I have real world results. Looking to break more records by the end of the year.

·
Owner
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any plans in the future for some real big boy turbos? 1500+ whp level?
I like the way you think, but there is no free lunch with big power setups. This is still a street+race car, so it still has to have decent midrange TQ. For a 3.8L engine to spool up anything capable of making 1500rwhp, it would kill any street-ability below 5252 rpms.

Right now, I think I am kind of in a sweet spot, so will hang out here for a while. Otherwise, I would just get a LSX or Coyote engine + massive Precision/Procharger in a domestic chassis and have a reliable 1500rwhp in a much cheaper package.

Reactions: Spr

·
Owner
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats, any upcoming 1/4 or 1/2 events planned yet?

Cheers,
Thanks! Yes sir WannaGoFast (FL) in October for 1/2 mile. Working on setting up a track rental at ATCO for 1/4 mile. It is just 90 degrees here almost every day, so may not happen until the temps starts to drop below 80s.

·
Owner
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congratulations, I hope the traction will not be your biggest issue now ???
Good problems to have! Just accepted that R888Rs are no longer sufficient on the 920rwhp pump gas tune.

Drag radials year round for me :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I like the 1500whp idea as well, but keep in mind these are very light, DCT cars. I suspect 1000whp McLarens will run comparable 60-130 and 1/2 mile numbers as 12-1300whp GTRs, 1400whp Vipers, etc.

Maybe that's wishful thinking as I came from a 1300whp GTR and am heading towards a 850whp 12C (this week Rooney???). I miss the power. Just want to get to low 4-second 60-130s and 1/2 miles in the 190s. Both numbers considerably slower than the GTR, bit still plenty of fun!

Which DRs renaissance? I'm doing a 2,000 mile charity rally on the R888Rs, and will switch to DRs afterwards. May do the Hoosiers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts