McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big thanks to the Park Place Dallas McLaren dealer team and McLaren North America for the amazing track day they put on today here at COTA in Austin!

Launch control and full track runs with pro McLaren drivers in brand new 2014 Spyders with the new Iris (awesome fwiw)! Apparently this was the first of many around the country with these cars and the team. Time to hassle your dealer for dates :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
They will be at Palm Beach International Nov 22 and 23. I will be there!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just 16 people in the morning and 16 in the afternoon. Limited by the # of cars and the time to get everyone thru the various courses. The hot lap BTW with the pro driver made me feel like a complete sissy. I obviously don't know how to drive after that experience!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It was a great event. My first time on COTA. I had great instructors, and by the end of the session I felt much smoother. When I had an opportunity to do hot laps with my instructor, I was glad I had just protein shakes for supper, the day before and breakfast, day of. I also saw how much earlier I had braked on the long straight. I still felt good to have held into it enough to see 160 on speedo.

I was as much impressed with the participants as the event itself. Lots of years of experience. I can't say enough about how well it was put on by the Dallas McLaren dealer and McLaren North America.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Awesome!! Any Pics? BTW.... I wonder how Park Place decides who to invite for their track days? I got an Invite to an Track day event last month but didn't get an invite this month. I guess they are inviting new owners and prospective clients only.:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
What an awesome event!! Here are some pictures I snapped on my phone. They did have a photographer out there shooting so maybe some of those photos will surface.

Cota has to be the most impressive track I have ever been had the pleasure of driving on. The facilities on the track are better then Europe's best! Gourmet food and a presentation started off the day. Then we jumped straight into driving. It was extremely structured and efficient. There was no waiting around. Each small group went from one area to the next. We autocrossed, used launch control, slalomed, and did open tracking. One of the most impressive things about this event was how open Mclaren was with the car. If you wanted to drive the car in track mode they encouraged you to do so. If you wanted to go faster they encouraged that as well. Never once did they tell me to back off. I was told to drive the car as hard as my ability allowed but not to surpass that limit.

A truly amazing event.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That will be the local dealer. This is a national McLaren program...not local.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was invited by The Collection in Miami

·
Registered
56 Posts
What's the date for Palm Beach International event ?

·
Registered
907 Posts
I'm set for Friday morning, PBIR...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts