McLaren to deliver +25PS upgrade to MP4-12C

8K views 48 replies 26 participants last post by  6th element 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
It's official:

:D

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Greg Levine has been quoted as saying he won't pit against them unless the magazine agrees to dyno and weigh the cars. Personally, I hope he sticks to that. Screw the press if they want to continue turning a blind eye. Customers already know the truth, even without the upgrade. It's nothing for Ferrari to squeeze another 25 PS out of their ringer cars, count on it.

#16 ·
Can you imagine how may A-hole manufacturers in Germany and Italy are rubbing their foreheads right now? This is an amazing investment in Good Will. Hats off to Ron and the McLaren people. I can't wait for my car. For the rest of the "special car" world look in the mirror, here's what you will see:

Attachments

#18 ·
Puts a big :D on current and potential customers alike.
I think all potential customers are due for another test-drive come October.
To examine the power boost, iris, programmable exhaust, and equalization options, of course. :p

Jokes aside, very encouraging.

Can only imagine the level of treatment future F1 (p12) customers will receive.

#21 ·
I wonder what the performance data will be after they re test the car? I would think that this would push the 0-60 time under 3 or very close. That is very rare air. It will be interesting to see all of those heads up comparisons that were to close to call now.

#32 ·
Well done McLaren. This a very different from the traditional car industry business model where upgrades only comes with new models. If this is the first of many improvements and upgrades that McLaren will deliver over the lifespan of this model, this will give the competition a lot to think about. My hats off the Ron Dennis and McLaren.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.