McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will be announced shortly that Mclaren GT/ pure Mclaren will start a series of track days for owners and also dealerships who want to take prospective customers.At the moment they are planning 8/9 this year all over europe with a standard price for all of £1200,it will be the full blown Mclaren experiance with hospitality and Mclaren test drivers if needed,whats also good news is that for the owners they have arranged track insurance at £495,with an excess to be confirmed.
The 2 confirmed in the uk will be silverstone in may and Donington in june,also Germany and Spa as well as spain,sorry for the lack of track info,but im doing this by memory !!!.They are starting out in europe and hope to spread in time to the other regions as and when.
At the events there will be the 7/8 pure Mclaren cars for the dearships to use,so plenty of spare room for owners in their own cars,i am sure this will work both ways as its good to mix potential clients with owners that want to see what their cars can really do!!
More info will be available soon,and you can go through your local dealer or talk to Mark Mcloughlin direct at Mclaren GT whom has been taken on to organise these events,and hopefully more in the future,if its successful they could downside the circuits to make it more available as more owners want to track.I am very positive about this as im convinced this is just the start of many more things inthe future as the Brand grows.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
that is just fantastic news andy.... really great news.. and insurance too! ! will that be for only uk registered cars though...? perhaps you won't know...
but that is just excellent indeed... what (some of us!) have been waiting for.. !
thanks for the update !!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is just fantastic news andy.... really great news.. and insurance too! ! will that be for only uk registered cars though...? perhaps you won't know...
but that is just excellent indeed... what (some of us!) have been waiting for.. !
thanks for the update !!
They are also doing a programme for race driver training (not sure if that starts this year) Which is reasonable compared to other brands ,and also for an extra cost its been suggested that because its part of Mclaren GT you could also do some laps in a race 12c GT3,thats got be be worth splashing out for :cool:

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
They are also doing a programme for race driver training (not sure if that starts this year) Which is reasonable compared to other brands ,and also for an extra cost its been suggested that because its part of Mclaren GT you could also do some laps in a race 12c GT3,thats got be be worth splashing out for :cool:
yeah that would be fun.... driver training would be fun... I know they do that in the red part of Italy....

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
That is great to hear, would definitely like to go for a few of these. Mclaren London were telling me that they were hoping to organise something at Brands Hatch as well at some point this year so hopefully there will be a reasonable number of these throughout the year to look forward to.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I have just had a long chat with mark and the events do indeed sound excellent from a value and organisational perspective... the challenge will be to get round as many as possible and the logistics of getting the car all the way across Europe... I will very much hope to do spa, Silverstone, paul ricard (castellet) and also try the bilster berg one if I can work the logistics... does sound excellent..

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have just had a long chat with mark and the events do indeed sound excellent from a value and organisational perspective... the challenge will be to get round as many as possible and the logistics of getting the car all the way across Europe... I will very much hope to do spa, Silverstone, paul ricard (castellet) and also try the bilster berg one if I can work the logistics... does sound excellent..
I must speak to Mark again and book Donington and silverstone!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Spoke to Mark last week, all being well am hoping to get to Spa and Donnington.Thought about Silverstone as well but it's not the full GP circuit unfortunately...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for posting Mikey !

Is there a list of dates/places you could put up here ? And is the booking process already open ?
Just came off the phone with Mark,there is a list out today by email,i did mention you and he said he must get back to you.But give him a quick email as i think he only has your text message

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
mine too... going twice this year now... whoo hoo.. might even have the new beast for the second trip which would be entertaining indeed.. !

1 - 20 of 39 Posts