McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really unhappy with the quality of the clear bra Silicon Valley arranged for me. Xpel Ultimate through Elite Auto Films. Bunch of areas peeling in small areas: Under door, passenger door, front of hood underneath has many binded up areas where it was not wrapped over properly, mirrors were only 1/2 covered as they said that it the way they must be done, areas peeling and dirt has gotten inside, etc. Front bumper underneath was not completely covered, gaps between the film and the skid plates.

Windshield was not clean when that film was applied, 20 plus bubbles on windshield, was not charged for this, but still pissed I have to make a trip 4 hours away to get it fixed.

Any other Silicon Valley owners with similar issues if their cars were done at Elite?

Still need to get the left side dash rattle fixed too, it is becoming seriously annoying, as it gets worse when the RPM's increase. Might request they come pick up the car when I am away in Europe next month.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I would contact Expel - after seeing the pictures there is no way thats an acceptable application.

Good news is the rattle may get you a free round trip to make it right.

My Mac could not be better in each and every single way - hope you get the same reward ASAP.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would contact Expel - after seeing the pictures there is no way thats an acceptable application.

Good news is the rattle may get you a free round trip to make it right.

My Mac could not be better in each and every single way - hope you get the same reward ASAP.
Can you post the pics? Cannot figure out how to email myself pics off my phone. My wife hates me sending her pics, to send to my email, especially anything to do with cars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go South my friend. This guy did an amazing job. I believe they've done this for more 12Cs than anyone else stateside:

Ryan Tounsley
Protective Film Solutions
California Office
3609 W MacArthur Blvd., Suites 807/808, Santa Ana, CA 92704 (CA ROC #938310)
949-599-5964 (office)
602-327-0055 (cell)

Arizona Office
14425 N. 79th St., Suites A&B, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 (AZ ROC # 263982)
480-609-3787 (office)
602-327-0055 (cell)

www.protectivefilmsolutions.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go South my friend. This guy did an amazing job. I believe they've done this for more 12Cs than anyone else stateside:

Ryan Tounsley
Protective Film Solutions
California Office
3609 W MacArthur Blvd., Suites 807/808, Santa Ana, CA 92704 (CA ROC #938310)
949-599-5964 (office)
602-327-0055 (cell)

Arizona Office
14425 N. 79th St., Suites A&B, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 (AZ ROC # 263982)
480-609-3787 (office)
602-327-0055 (cell)

www.protectivefilmsolutions.com

[email protected]
Well I am in Washington State. Need to get the pictures sent to Silicon Valley, then a letter that they will cover the problems, then I will most likely have Metropolitan Detail take care of it, they are in Bellevue, WA.

·
Registered
217 Posts
you should have asked mclaren silicon valley to have used premier not too far away from them. their reputation precedes them. and while i had to pay quite a lot, you wouldn't have any idea that my car's entire front is wrapped in clear film.

http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/

i think they can fly out to do vehicles if you're really interested.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
you should have asked mclaren silicon valley to have used premier not too far away from them. their reputation precedes them. and while i had to pay quite a lot, you wouldn't have any idea that my car's entire front is wrapped in clear film.

http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/

i think they can fly out to do vehicles if you're really interested.
I did get a quote from Premier. Silicon Valley assured me their guy had done numerous 12C's. Obviously not to a high level of quality though. I am not interested in paying another 4 grand plus, needs to be taken care of by the Dealership. Was worried a little that chips / damage could occur in the drive over to Freemont to Premier, Elite did the job onsite.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are the photos of the areas peeling up, etc.:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Here are the photos of the areas peeling up, etc.:
Don't want to make matters worst but that looks like shit, excuse my english. Boy I hope you get your money back plus some, who ever it was that performed this eyesore of a job should be canned. Good luck with trying to get this whole unfortunate situation resolved, I would be extremely pissed as well. Condolences buddy.? ???I can't use my typical ending here because its not well suited, as noted above.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't want to make matters worst but that looks like shit, excuse my english. Boy I hope you get your money back plus some, who ever it was that performed this eyesore of a job should be canned. Good luck with trying to get this whole unfortunate situation resolved, I would be extremely pissed as well. Condolences buddy.�� ������I can't use my typical ending here because its not well suited, as noted above.
You should see the windshield film. There are bubbles inside all over the place. They did not charge me for it, but still, cannot believe such a guy with obvious poor skills was even allowed to attempt it.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
You should see the windshield film. There are bubbles inside all over the place. They did not charge me for it, but still, cannot believe such a guy with obvious poor skills was even allowed to attempt it.
As mentioned I would be totally put off by this lack of professionalism. Was it not apparent from the get go, or is it something that just occurred over time. Could it possibly have something to do with the actual product, could it be defective batch. I must admit thing sounded so promising and then all hell seemed to break loose. By any chance is this like your 13th exotic type car if so maybe that has something to do with it. Just thought I'd try and add some stupidity to the whole equation, no pun intended. Still don't think it's appropriate to use my ending, sorry bud.

·
Registered
64 Posts
:eek::eek::eek: And the dealer thought you'd be ok with that install???? That blind pig will never find an acorn, even if you stuck it in his nose.... Good luck in resolving the issue, hopefully there isn't any permanent damage to the underlying paint.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes Dealer said just to park it out in the sun and the bubbles that are in some areas would go away. Even asked me to take a small needle and pop the one's on the door. One of the doors was even redone before the car was shipped, but same level of quality. As soon as I got the car I called the dealer. Obviously the areas under the hood were not seen until I learned where the charge port was located.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes Dealer said just to park it out in the sun and the bubbles that are in some areas would go away. Even asked me to take a small needle and pop the one's on the door. One of the doors was even redone before the car was shipped, but same level of quality. As soon as I got the car I called the dealer. Obviously the areas under the hood were not seen until I learned where the charge port was located.
You know its incredible that they have asked you to perform these tasks to try and resolve the problem. Are they actually taking onus of this terrible feat of workmanship. I hope they send someone who's skilled and knows what there doing to your house to perform a complete re and re. I Can not believe it, I've got my fingers crossed that you get complete resolution to this problem. ??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I had a similar thing happen with my Scuderia coupe, and it was detailed by one of the best detailers in the USA. Unfortunately the clear bra installer they used was not as skilled. They did refund my money, and I had Ron Tonkin's preferred installer correct the work at my house. Guy did not even know how to do the front bumpers and front of hood in one piece. Actually put a razor cut into the paint in front of the hood emblem. Was able to be wetsanded out pretty close, but still, wouldn't you be watching the install of the clearbra after a $1600 paint correction?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I had a similar thing happen with my Scuderia coupe, and it was detailed by one of the best detailers in the USA. Unfortunately the clear bra installer they used was not as skilled. They did refund my money, and I had Ron Tonkin's preferred installer correct the work at my house. Guy did not even know how to do the front bumpers and front of hood in one piece. Actually put a razor cut into the paint in front of the hood emblem. Was able to be wetsanded out pretty close, but still, wouldn't you be watching the install of the clearbra after a $1600 paint correction.
Holy crow buddy sounds like some pretty painful and unfortunate experiences to have to live through. Well I'm sure things will get resolved and it will be another chapter in the life of Mark. Best of luck once again, I'm praying for you. ??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Saw the pics. Whoever did that should be banned to mess up another supercar. I don't believe these bubbles would go away after sitting in the sun. Sooner or later will get even worse.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nothing you don't know here and it probably doesn't help but, that is an awful job and needs completely redoing . The rippled pieces under the bonnet/hood just epitomise the whole job.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts