McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I test drove an mp4 with alessandro this past saturday, and I was thrilled with the performance of the car. So i decided to try to but the car from him, Unfortunately we could not make a deal that day. So on sunday, i was looking at ebay, and i saw someone is selling his mp4 in santa barbara with pretty loaded options. So i called the guy and make the deal and picked the car on monday.

So today, i decided to bring the car to silicon valley to try to get the new software update on the car. I arrived at silicon valley and asked the receptionist to see alessandro. So i told alessandro i just picked up a used one from santa barbara. And He told " congratulations" but soon after i told him i want to get it serviced, he was pissed and said " you have to call me in a month, we have to take care of our customer first" and " so you rather buy used than new". I am just upset with how he treated me, and he is like saying i am not a customer because i didnt buy the car from him.

From my point of view, I am the customer and i have no obligation to buy from him. and as of right now the closest place to get my car update is in la. Does anyone know where i can file a complain?

Thank you

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
You can go directly to Mclaren,but unless he was rude,he was probably stating facts,as each dealership has to give the upgrades in VIN order to their own customers.If the car was bought from his dealership then i would think you have a right to get it in order,if not you might need to get inline from the dealership it was originally bought IMO,good luck:)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Why are you calling Alessandro? Call the Service Department and schedule the service. I know which car you bought, was looking at that car. PM me any details you have please. Looked like a nice car, almost the same that I just bought, think your car has Orange calipers and steel brakes, and is missing the carbon engine bay panels?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hi,

I test drove an mp4 with alessandro this past saturday, and I was thrilled with the performance of the car. So i decided to try to but the car from him, Unfortunately we could not make a deal that day. So on sunday, i was looking at ebay, and i saw someone is selling his mp4 in santa barbara with pretty loaded options. So i called the guy and make the deal and picked the car on monday.

So today, i decided to bring the car to silicon valley to try to get the new software update on the car. I arrived at silicon valley and asked the receptionist to see alessandro. So i told alessandro i just picked up a used one from santa barbara. And He told " congratulations" but soon after i told him i want to get it serviced, he was pissed and said " you have to call me in a month, we have to take care of our customer first" and " so you rather buy used than new". I am just upset with how he treated me, and he is like saying i am not a customer because i didnt buy the car from him.

From my point of view, I am the customer and i have no obligation to buy from him. and as of right now the closest place to get my car update is in la. Does anyone know where i can file a complain?

Thank you
As for update, you can use Auto Gallery Beverly Hills, or McLaren Newport Beach.

·
Registered
97 Posts
FYI, bought my car new there in July. Just got my update last week. They also said they would do it order as to be fair (no problem with that)

They are a great dealership. Alessandro, Alan, and the guys in service are great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI, bought my car new there in July. Just got my update last week. They also said they would do it order as to be fair (no problem with that)

They are a great dealership. Alessandro, Alan, and the guys in service are great.
Don't get me wrong alessandro is a good guy. I can understand if he is upset I didn't but the car over there. I did not expect to get my car update right away. I just wished he could explain it more to me as this was my first mclaren. Or at least introduce me to the service. But anyway, I called the service department and gave my vin.

Another problem I had was the headlights on the mp4 seems to be fogging, do you experience this issue as well?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why are you calling Alessandro? Call the Service Department and schedule the service. I know which car you bought, was looking at that car. PM me any details you have please. Looked like a nice car, almost the same that I just bought, think your car has Orange calipers and steel brakes, and is missing the carbon engine bay panels?
I will pm you tonite on the details

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Don't get me wrong alessandro is a good guy. I can understand if he is upset I didn't but the car over there. I did not expect to get my car update right away. I just wished he could explain it more to me as this was my first mclaren. Or at least introduce me to the service. But anyway, I called the service department and gave my vin.

Another problem I had was the headlights on the mp4 seems to be fogging, do you experience this issue as well?
I have heard that is an issue with the 12C. Hopefully it won't be like the Ferrari Scuderia's and 16M's, which can develop mold inside the headlight lens, that will not go away, unless you either get new headlights, or have a good body shop break the seal, clean them out, and then reseal them.

My recommendation would be to keep your headlights on while driving to evaporate any moisture, and after washing your cars, also take a quick drive with the headlights on.

Otherwise, the headlights will hurt the overall look of a great looking car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I guess that is the trouble with the "internet age". Everyone would rather air their dirty laundry than resolve with the dealer directly. (1) it serves no purpose and creates animosity, (2) certainly doesn't help the brand (hence the growing Why does the 12C get such a hard time? thread).

I know Allesandro, and I'm sure nothing was meant by it, likely a misunderstanding. But your own customers have to come first. With a car like the 12C, definitely better to buy local even if it costs a few $ more. IMHO.

Or at least post in owners lounge. :p

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have had new my car since March and don't have the update yet. Don't feel bad it seems to take a while.

·
Registered
359 Posts
No headlight fogging here. Definitely mention it to them, I think they'll fix it or order you new ones.
I think it is a known problem, all the spiders at the test day last year had fogged lights. It was a cold/damp/snowy day. Cars were great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts