McLaren Life banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
You are correct, but my original point was when the car is physically different (as in different engine, different suspension), does that count as a cosmetic change or a different variant? XP1-3 are cosmetic changes to the regular Senna with specific paint, exposed carbon and interior. But when you have a different fender (aero), engine (GTR) and chassis (tuned), how does that work?

In the case of the Senna LM, 5 of them were "commissioned" by a single dealer in the US, but how about the other 15 cars for the ROW? Were they all "commissioned" by the dealers in their respective countries? Or does this count as a limited series released by Mclaren which was then offered to the dealers individually? I find it hard to gather multiple different Mclaren dealerships around the world to "commission" a car together as a group ;)
The ROW cars came before the US cars (you are likely aware of that). I think you could say that the ROW cars are a Limited Edition from McLaren directly, whereas the US car were a Dealership Commission. There are actually quite a number of differences between them. I would consider them to be Senna LM I and Senna LM II, rightly or wrongly, due to the two clear groups of cars.

·
Registered
571 Posts
That's correct, the US Senna LM was delivered after the ROW and it has a number of interior and exterior features that were different from the ROW cars. However, the order for the US LM cars was placed from the very beginning.

So what's really interesting if you look at the car's VIN number. My car is car number 1, but it has one of the last VIN numbers and one of the very last ones produced (November 2019). Other US cars has a much earlier VIN number, earlier than most of the ROW cars. For example, the US LM car number 3 has VIN 82503, and one of Taiwan's Senna LM is VIN 82506. So weird...

The ROW cars came before the US cars (you are likely aware of that). I think you could say that the ROW cars are a Limited Edition from McLaren directly, whereas the US car were a Dealership Commission. There are actually quite a number of differences between them. I would consider them to be Senna LM I and Senna LM II, rightly or wrongly, due to the two clear groups of cars.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.