McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, I've got up for sale a Brand new and Unused Mclaren P1 Hybrid Battery Charger with case, missing only it's Mains Cable (Factory mistake). The battery charger was ordered by a dealer for a customer vehicle handed over.

The battery charger is currently located in Saudi Arabia and can be exported to any international airport (preferably) or door-to-door can be arranged, at additional cost - PLEASE INQUIRE FOR SHIPPING COSTS BEFORE PURCHASE. Quick Sale needed and reasonable offers entertained. For any further details please do get in contact (pictures coming soon)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
If the factory made a "factory mistake" and upon delivery neglected to supply the mains cable, surely they would have rectified their mistake by sending the cable afterwards, in which case it should now be available with the charger, should it not?

Beyond that, your cost estimate of "around GBP20,000" is laughably high. Below is a grab from the official options price list.

Perhaps you should try another car forum, as I doubt that your pitch will get you very far on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
If the factory made a "factory mistake" and upon delivery neglected to supply the mains cable, surely they would have rectified their mistake by sending the cable afterwards, in which case it should now be available with the charger, should it not?

Beyond that, your cost estimate of "around GBP20,000" is laughably high. Below is a grab from the official options price list.

Perhaps you should try another car forum, as I doubt that your pitch will get you very far on this one.
I can see a warning triangle kit at the bargain price of 10k coming on....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the confidence vote - I was just going off of what the dealer had told me, though they were notorious rip-offs. Regardless, it's available, and no the factory didn't rectify it because they swiftly changed dealer at that point.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
It's useless without the mains cable which isn't just some off-the-shelf cable but a complex assembly with a custom plug on one end and a wall transformer on the other.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
It's useless without the mains cable which isn't just some off-the-shelf cable but a complex assembly with a custom plug on one end and a wall transformer on the other.
Ahhh. You see. That’s the problem with being in the states. Voltage differences. As it happens I have a spare one. Which is good for all of Europe. Happy to part with it for 40k .. gbp. ;-)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Beddu,

Just post it up on eBay.com where you will get the maximum exposure! Then share the eBay link to the item in places like this forum. Then let the bidding begin... That is how you will then find it's real value... ;-)

Oh, and by the way... NOBODY HERE is naive enough to buy an item from a stranger from over seas without some financial protections. I truly believe you have the item you described, but the person that will eventually buy it is not going to just have blind faith and send you all the money and hope you send the item based on your good word and promised.

Good luck to you selling it...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have done but as I'm obtaining this from liquidation of the dealer I figured to perhaps pass some benefit onto anyone in need, pardon my ignorance in the pricing, I know I should've at least done some prior research rather than take their word.

Either way, it's available, it's on eBay. And as with any purchase there are assurances. Just send me a Western Union to...

:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello guys, I've got up for sale a Brand new and Unused Mclaren P1 Hybrid Battery Charger with case, missing only it's Mains Cable (Factory mistake). The battery charger was ordered by a dealer for a customer vehicle handed over.

The battery charger is currently located in Saudi Arabia and can be exported to any international airport (preferably) or door-to-door can be arranged, at additional cost - PLEASE INQUIRE FOR SHIPPING COSTS BEFORE PURCHASE. Quick Sale needed and reasonable offers entertained. For any further details please do get in contact (pictures coming soon)

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have another available

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Zalaf,

I would suggest taking your broken charger to an electronics repair shop, lots of times they can quickly find the issue with the item and repair it for very little money. Most times I've done this the repair is less than 100.00

Just tell them its a battery charger, it does not matter what it's for... its made out of standard electronic parts readily available and cheap. They make their profit from the labor... They have no idea how much the actual charger is to replace, so you can avoid the "McLaren Tax" of buying a new one...

Best of Luck repairing it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
For how much did you actually sell it on ebay without the lead.

Has any of the critics actually called their dealer and ask what it costs?

Buying it from someone overseas for much money raises some eyebrows over here. It's the second one you have also without the lead?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not sure where you're obtaining your information from - I sold the pair, one had a lead, the other didn't. They were new from the dealer, which I used to work for. I flew personally with the chargers to the customer, do you need flight details?

I'm a trader, I have suppliers. I buy and sell overseas. It's not a new development and I don't ask people to send money via PayPal as "Family and Friends" payment

1 - 20 of 27 Posts