McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't know if you guys have seen this but people are already putting them up for sale.

http://www.alainclass.com/inventory/cars/2793/McLAREN/P1

i don't agree with this as i think it's people looking for a quick profit, don't get me wrong that it's a good way to make money but there are a lot of people on the short-list who genuinely want one.

what are your views on this?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
My view is that the car is on display to generate interest and some headlines for Alain Class and not actually for sale.

Oh, and hey look - it's working. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
131 Posts
don't know if you guys have seen this but people are already putting them up for sale.

http://www.alainclass.com/inventory/cars/2793/McLAREN/P1

i don't agree with this as i think it's people looking for a quick profit, don't get me wrong that it's a good way to make money but there are a lot of people on the short-list who genuinely want one.

what are your views on this?
For example me who genuinely want one!

·
Sponsor
936 Posts
So, why not fill out their questionaire and see if they are indeed selling it? Tell us what the price is and we can determine for sure if it is a publicity stunt.

·
Registered
131 Posts
So, why not fill out their questionaire and see if they are indeed selling it? Tell us what the price is and we can determine for sure if it is a publicity stunt.
If you buy it from a dealership why would it be needed to fill out a questionarie?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
McLaren actively works against selling P1s to anyone that actually is likely to sell it again.

Al Ain did very likely not buy the car, someone else did and put it there. McLaren would never sell it to Al Ain, seems strange at least. It is likely a car of their client's that they are using to show off a bit like others said here.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
McLaren actively works against selling P1s to anyone that actually is likely to sell it again.

Al Ain did very likely not buy the car, someone else did and put it there. McLaren would never sell it to Al Ain, seems strange at least. It is likely a car of their client's that they are using to show off a bit like others said here.
lol......and just how do they work against some one who is going to sell on again. You are dreaming mate.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts

So.....F, that's 5 cars what 20-25% of production that's come on to the open market. This actively working against this is going well.....Lol......IMHO

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Production right now is around 30-35 cars. 5 cars is hardly 20-25%. Its also early cars, which are more likely to be bought with the idea of resale. They are testing the waters, Singen does not even have a foto of the cars, let alone any other details.

And also, actively working against selling is making sure not to sell the car to people known for resale. That is obviously all they can do. Not more than that.

Your comments on here CL are as always hilarious. How you can strive so much on making McLaren look bad, is completely beyond me. I hope you end up buying a P1 for considerably above list price just to shut you up. But sadly, even that will have you continue spewing lies.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It is also rather funny seeing you end posts now with "IMHO" every single time... lol. Whats that? Some way to try to make your posts not look like bashing?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
It is also rather funny seeing you end posts now with "IMHO" every single time... lol. Whats that? Some way to try to make your posts not look like bashing?
F......Not lies mate......Not bashing.....Its a great car....No, fantastic car...Just wrong price. The market will sort this out, always does.....I can see many more coming on to the market....IMV

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'm not sure why it would be surprising to see them for sale. It's irrelevant whether there are any for sale. What is relevant is how much they are asking/sell for.

Putting a P1 up for sale for $500K over MSRP isn't really an indication of anything bad. If Alain Class has one for sale, it means they either bought it for themselves at list or an owner brought it to them. In either case, neither of them will sell it for list price since that's what they'd have to pay.

A third party listing a car for sale is totally different than a dealer having P1 stock.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I'm not sure why it would be surprising to see them for sale. It's irrelevant whether there are any for sale. What is relevant is how much they are asking/sell for.

Putting a P1 up for sale for $500K over MSRP isn't really an indication of anything bad. If Alain Class has one for sale, it means they either bought it for themselves at list or an owner brought it to them. In either case, neither of them will sell it for list price since that's what they'd have to pay.

A third party listing a car for sale is totally different than a dealer having P1 stock.
F, is worried about the deprecation on his own car, Why do you say it is over list. Do you know what list is in the area for vehicles that are not in the FREE Zone ?

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
F, is worried about the deprecation on his own car, Why do you say it is over list. Do you know what list is in the area for vehicles that are not in the FREE Zone ?
Guess it just makes logical sense.
Not too many take delivery of a car and immediately barf it for less money that would be just outright stupid

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I am not worried at all, I find your remarks hilarious. You are the one that's worried and keeps claiming it is too expensive.

BTW, this is not 500k USD over list. It is 500k _EUR_ over list!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I think it will take time for all the cars to get in the *right* hands, ie ppl that can both afford and enjoy them. Until then I'm sure the'll be some flipping, good and bad.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts