McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of you who don’t already know, there is an owners group and forum on Facebook for UK owners.

Since the group was initiated in December 2015 it has grown and now includes approx. 25% of all the UK McLaren owners as members. It would be great for this membership to grow with new members adding and sharing their experiences and learning from those who already own McLaren's and can share a wealth of Knowledge.

There is also a lively social side to the group with plenty of 'optional' meet up's and drives both in the north and south of the UK. There are members stretching from Aberdeen to Cornwall so there will be someone near you. In addition there are other activities such as karting, private track days, bbq's and social meets that are always happening somewhere.

If you would like to join then please send an email to the address below, please do not send an email if you are not an owner, this is an owners only group.

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Recent Convert
860 Posts
I joined recently and I have to stay it is very very good! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What do we think to the post going around about the UK McLaren owners forum?
Seen it on PH and on here too ,

It asks for too many details from an unknown for me to register.

link here -> http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/new-members-car-anticipation/56345-mclaren-owners-club.html
We have been made aware that a new website has been setup for UK McLaren Owners - firstly want to make it clear that it is NOT associated with any of the Admins of the FB group or (that we are aware of) anyone in the FB group.

We have always been clear that this group is non-commercial and that we are all absolutely 100% safe from intrusions in our lives + our cars which I know is important to everyone. We suspect this website has been setup for commercial purposes (given the quality + design + that the owner has no connection to McLaren that we are aware of - or to any other well known owners)

We would of course prefer if we all keep the FB group as the one place we that we discuss UK related subjects + plan our events and given the efforts we have all made to build this fantastic community, I think both the functionality of Facebook + the secrecy of our group is incredibly important, in contrast a website that is backed with a commercial interest will almost certainly be open to having our details resold and mis-used.

We ask that you all support the FB group across other motoring sites (e.g. PH + MacLife) - in showing that this is the one place to join.

·
Recent Convert
860 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
I agree and one of the reasons I haven't signed up.
I am on the FB group, so no problem there.- although we're all open to the securities of FB!

I was surprised when at a dealers this week that the salesman was almost selling the community of McLaren when asked directly if there was an owners club!
I took it that he alluded to FB and here...

What he had to say about the 12C, well I won't go there, but he was trying to sell a close friend a new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Well done for managing to avoid calling it 'the secret Mclaren fb group' that is supposedly secret but everyone on PH keeps on banging on about....

·
Recent Convert
860 Posts
Well done for managing to avoid calling it 'the secret Mclaren fb group' that is supposedly secret but everyone on PH keeps on banging on about....
It is a LOT more active than the PH forum, it was the main reason I succumbed to joining FB ;)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I rarely go on PH ,it's full of argumentative wannabe's .....if I'm going to have a bit of fun then I want to know I'm not wasting my time :D........isv it's time you joined

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is a great group for Mclaren owners. I've gotten access to various events through, and met some great fellow petrolheads who love their McLaren as much as me.

Whilst a private facebook group and not an established operation like the Ferrari Owners Club (of which I'm also a member), I find it a lot more fun - lots of great banter from a group of friendly macca owners, and also a wealth of information about the brand, resolving issues, and useful info.

To those of you who don’t already know, there is an owners group and forum on Facebook for UK owners.

Since the group was initiated in December 2015 it has grown and now includes approx. 25% of all the UK McLaren owners as members. It would be great for this membership to grow with new members adding and sharing their experiences and learning from those who already own McLaren's and can share a wealth of Knowledge.

There is also a lively social side to the group with plenty of 'optional' meet up's and drives both in the north and south of the UK. There are members stretching from Aberdeen to Cornwall so there will be someone near you. In addition there are other activities such as karting, private track days, bbq's and social meets that are always happening somewhere.

If you would like to join then please send an email to the address below, please do not send an email if you are not an owner, this is an owners only group.

[email protected]

·
Registered
422 Posts
@bispal

Could you ask your members if they be willing to help us with the build database I have been working on? This is similar to what a few owners are doing on FerrariLife. It is just Country, color, drive and if still active, stole salvage or totaled.

If you have a member doing this Sherlock Holmes game for Euro cars let me know. Been having hard time tracking down McLarens there.
http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/members/35818-bispal.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts