Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Volcano Red

Votes: 21 50.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to decide what my favourite colour is for the 12c Spider. I understand that this is a very subjective topic but for me personally I have narrowed it down to two.

Out of these two colours which one would you buy?

McLaren Orange...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ZkY6m-3g4

or Volcano Red...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWjxY5kYyJc

Originally Volcano Red was my favourite but now I think McLaren Orange is the one for me. :D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
For the record: paint matching nightmares shouldn't be an Issue from 2013+. The factory is using a different paint distributer who has the paint matching issues sorted.

·
Registered
144 Posts
We need to stop with these needless polls and questions about " what color would you buy, or which one would you buy"
The answer is: the ONE that YOU feel comfortable spending 200k on. The only opinion that should matter, is what the buyer(or you) in this case, likes best.

I like blue, MO, and VR, some like white, I hate gray, I personally think it looks like primer. Matte paint jobs, the same.... What color are you painting it after the matte primer!

Nick: it is the car that YOU like best!
As far as color matching, are you planning on running it into a pole after you get it?? Because either color, regardless...., your car fax is going to look like shit, no matter who paints it or matches it

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
We need to stop with these needless polls and questions about " what color would you buy, or which one would you buy"
The answer is: the ONE that YOU feel comfortable spending 200k on. The only opinion that should matter, is what the buyer(or you) in this case, likes best.

I like blue, MO, and VR, some like white, I hate gray, I personally think it looks like primer. Matte paint jobs, the same.... What color are you painting it after the matte primer!

Nick: it is the car that YOU like best!
As far as color matching, are you planning on running it into a pole after you get it?? Because either color, regardless...., your car fax is going to look like shit, no matter who paints it or matches it
I love White because it works extremely well with the contrasting Black elements. As for the remarks made above must say it does make a lot of sense totally subjective etc...... Cheers.....??

·
Smitten
285 Posts
VR for a spider
MO for a coupe

:)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Actually MO will do half and half........if you do it lengthways you have a win win.

My wife thought top half and bottom half.......

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. I want to paint my car in McLaren volcano red. Does anyone know what's the colour code that can help me please? Your help is much appreciated. Many thanks. Regards. Danny

1 - 14 of 14 Posts