McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I just had Troy and Sean do the annual service at McLaren NB, I have to say the service at this dealer is really something else. They kept me up to date during the process, and when I went to pick up the car, they had done a full detail, it looked even better than when it was brand new. The car felt fantastic, like the very first time I drove a 12C. I know there are some complaints about the issues with the 12C, but I have fortunately never had any, and if I did, this is the Dealer to go too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree and NB McLaren. I had a few minor issues with my 12c too. Troy was great and the car was fixed above and beyond what I expected. This dealer is A++

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to see that you guys have had similar experiences, I was a bit nervous when Grant left, but Troy and his staff have just been awesome.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You're wrong. Sorry. Sebastian is the man that makes that place extraordinary. I agree with everything else.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wished my service for the engine overheat/ coolant overflow that left a big mess in engine bay included a full detail :(

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Tony - glad to hear all is well with the car and also that they take superb care of it for you. Not sure why this is not the story for everyone. A little extra effort goes a long way in this business.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tony - glad to hear all is well with the car and also that they take superb care of it for you. Not sure why this is not the story for everyone. A little extra effort goes a long way in this business.

>8^)
ER
Erik, I have to tell you, as you know what a Ferrari Fanatic I have always been (besides the F1 of course). But the level of treatment between the Sales and Service Department at McLaren NB, and the way they treat the customer is just above and beyond anything I have ever had with any other Dealer/Manufacturer. The only comparison I can make is like going to the "One and Only Resorts" around the World.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Glad you had great experience! I will be utilizing their service eventually too. Anyone ever use them for any MSO upgrades?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Under what conditions did that happen ?
During track day in extreme weather condition. 120F amb temp and... 150F track temp!!!
Track officials closed down the track shortly after 2/3 cars were over heating and breaking down.

·
Registered
108 Posts
During track day in extreme weather condition. 120F amb temp and... 150F track temp!!!
Track officials closed down the track shortly after 2/3 cars were over heating and breaking down.
The Lamborghini LP570-4 STS were suffering the same over heating issue but it did not break down. I hope Mclaren will address this issue and step up to the plate like Lamborghini did. Perhaps they need to retro fit a redesign cooling duct like Lamborghini Did. Glad you are enjoying the car on the track. Take care.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I did happen on my car at 84F amb temp.
Same temp at Donington and had a little escape onto the reservoir top,but nothing needed doing except a cooling down lap,i found I was lapping just as quick using the torque rather than the Revs and only went into the orange while I was using the revs ,I assume this is easier with the breadth of this engines envelope ??

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I did happen on my car at 84F amb temp.
You have to run the coolant levels slightly lower for track it seems... Near or at the bottom mark rather than near or at the top mark.., mine did it at paul RICard as did at least a couple of the pure Mclaren cars.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
You have to run the coolant levels slightly lower for track it seems... Near or at the bottom mark rather than near or at the top mark.., mine did it at paul RICard as did at least a couple of the pure Mclaren cars.
Agreed Mikey but I would expect McLaren to act on this topic as it happened to many cars over the past weeks. Is it an engine cooling problem or really just a matter of adjusting the coolant levels ?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Agreed Mikey but I would expect McLaren to act on this topic as it happened to many cars over the past weeks. Is it an engine cooling problem or really just a matter of adjusting the coolant levels ?
I believe it's a coolant level .. I haven't seen my temps budge

1 - 20 of 26 Posts