McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so does anyone know how to use it? The typing is a little off, push a letter, and the letter to it's left is selected, have to be extremely accurate. :confused:

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Touch screens typically have some method for calibration so they recognize the spot your finger touches versus someone else's. Is that process described in the owner's manual?

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is all this silence because you guys can't figure it out either? LOL

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Touch screens typically have some method for calibration so they recognize the spot your finger touches versus someone else's. Is that process described in the owner's manual?

>8^)
ER
I figured out my Chevy Tahoe's Navigation in 2 minutes. Why does the 12C's system have to be so complicated? I was even stopped!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I only use navigation systems as digital maps. Very handy to find alternate routes around traffic jams up front, one glace and I will know if the side street I am about to turn into is a through road or not :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am looking for how to simply add my home address into the favorites menu.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Do you really have that much trouble finding your own house?

Can't you just click your heels together three time and repeat "There's no place like home" ? ;) :D

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you really have that much trouble finding your own house?

Can't you just click your heels together three time and repeat "There's no place like home" ? ;) :D

>8^)
ER
When I am at ERTC up in Redmond, helps big time to have home saved in Navigation.

Lol, all these silly smart ass responses tell me is everyone is as confused as I am.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Took me less than 2 minutes sitting at my dealer to figure it out before I hit the road. Other than the same calibration issue, which I expect and account for, I have no issues using it. It has a better UI than both my MINI and my Lexus and they have both been around for generations in software years.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I think for home I just put the town name in and stored it as that.
I hope that I might be able to find my way to my house when in the town at least.:eek:

I found that 'settings' was worth spending some time in to find the various items you're after, which I think includes home setup and the route variations, just touching it changed it, which I actually thought was quite simple as soon as I realised!!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think for home I just put the town name in and stored it as that.
I hope that I might be able to find my way to my house when in the town at least.:eek:

I found that 'settings' was worth spending some time in to find the various items you're after, which I think includes home setup and the route variations, just touching it changed it, which I actually thought was quite simple as soon as I realised!!
Yes I found town name, but it will not recognize my street name? Will play around with it at lunch again today. Have everything else figured out, except maybe the oil check procedure, which I will try soon.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Same problem for me, can't input my own house address! The system is hilariously bad, often has the car pointing in totally the wrong direction, takes forever to input a destination, and as noted by others, yuor finger has to be millimetre-precise. I think there's a thread somehwere that has a beginners guide, but it didn't do me much good!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My car is getting the 10.6 update this week. Going to pick it up tomorrow and hopefully the nav system has been improved significantly.
I already have 10.6. No improvement. Mclaren, if you are listening, go buy a Chevy Tahoe, and copy their Navigation.

As of now, I will not be wasting anymore time, will just use the Mapquest free application in my Iphone 4S, which works great, and has turn by turn voice help also.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Today I took the Mclaren and looked at the Nav. In the menu there is an option to enter the home adress. Don't see the problem.

The tiny little letters do cause a problem as with my big fingers I'm allways on the wrong letter... often 4-5 times make the same mistake. Especially the E is difficult to get it seems. They should make those letters taller

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey Markjayw, since you have the latest 10.6 update, would you mind taking a pic of the version screen and post it to the other thread so we can all compare versions?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Markjayw, since you have the latest 10.6 update, would you mind taking a pic of the version screen and post it to the other thread so we can all compare versions?
I will take a photo on my lunch break.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts