McLaren Life banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is there any updates on this project? Seems McLaren isn’t keen on releasing the info just cause someone leaked it, although they have a lot on their plate; 620R, MSO BC-03, Speedster, ‘720LT’ and I’m sure they’re already working on other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Is there any updates on this project? Seems McLaren isn’t keen on releasing the info just cause someone leaked it, although they have a lot on their plate; 620R, MSO BC-03, Speedster, ‘720LT’ and I’m sure they’re already working on other things.

well its a private commission ... that itself should tell that they don't want much information to this in the public before its ready... also its an MSO project so most of McLaren is not even involved or knows anything more than its pure existence ...

other main things they are working on: 570s replacement late 2020 to 2021, probably already the 720s replacement for 2023/24 and likely P1v2 after Speedtail/Speedster in 2023/25

Reactions: snb

·
Registered
201 Posts
well its a private commission ... that itself should tell that they don't want much information to this in the public before its ready... also its an MSO project so most of McLaren is not even involved or knows anything more than its pure existence ...

other main things they are working on: 570s replacement late 2020 to 2021, probably already the 720s replacement for 2023/24 and likely P1v2 after Speedtail/Speedster in 2023/25
That makes a lot of sense. Although some are saying the orginal commissioners abandoned the project. So it might become simply a super limited Ultimate Series car.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That makes a lot of sense. Although some are saying the orginal commissioners abandoned the project. So it might become simply a super limited Ultimate Series car.

I don't know if all abandoned it ... afak it used to be 5 but not sure if not 1-2 are still in ... someone here on this forum has a bit more information on this project but its up to him if he wants to share ...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Stats in link, and online article are wrong (overstated). Drivetrain is also wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There will be more then 5 units I couldn’t get much more info then that but it’s a limited run and the collectors available for purchase are in the realm of Dan etc.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
There will be more then 5 units I couldn’t get much more info then that but it’s a limited run and the collectors available for purchase are in the realm of Dan etc.
rumor is 15 (only for US market) and they were not all allocated last time someone told me about them ... so in theory one could still get one ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
rumor is 15 (only for US market) and they were not all allocated last time someone told me about them ... so in theory one could still get one ...
That definitely makes sense and seems more in line with a car like this. I imagine several will go Newport and Beverly Hills locations and maybe a couple east coast allocations. I honestly would not be surprised if there's at least 1 in the state of Texas as the man responsible for SennaFest at COTA and several other owners have made themselves valuable over social media for the brand as a whole.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
That definitely makes sense and seems more in line with a car like this. I imagine several will go Newport and Beverly Hills locations and maybe a couple east coast allocations. I honestly would not be surprised if there's at least 1 in the state of Texas as the man responsible for SennaFest at COTA and several other owners have made themselves valuable over social media for the brand as a whole.
think these are not dealer allocated ... they are offered to mclarens US VIPs first and other big collectors later ... if a dealer has someone in line to get one these are probably 3rd Tier requests after Mclaren has all the YES and NOs from ppl Woking feels are important

Reactions: V8Rental
21 - 32 of 32 Posts