McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new here but need your help in getting this task done.

I was wondering if it's possible at all to change the bumpers, fenders, headlights, etc. from the MP4-12C to a more actual 650s look.

I know that the bodyframe/chassis is the same but will it be possible?

Has anyone done it?

Are there any threads trough out there that talk about this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new here but need your help in getting this task done.

I was wondering if it's possible at all to change the bumpers, fenders, headlights, etc. from the MP4-12C to a more actual 650s look.

I know that the bodyframe/chassis is the same but will it be possible?

Has anyone done it?

Are there any threads trough out there that talk about this?

Tha monk you.
The rear is very simple,and I guess the front is a bit more complicated,but to be honest when you put all the cost of the parts and labour together you would be more than halfway to the cost of swapping a 12c to a 650 anyway and without the engine and suspension upgrade.So unless you can get a side impact rightoff to get the bits cheap I think you would be wasting your time and money.
If its what you truly want to do then wait for an after market company to make the panels you need :)

As an example to buy the rear bits with fitting new its going to be around £6 to £7k,you can probably quadruple that for the front at least as the lights are very expensive

·
Registered
306 Posts
For that much needed money i would also think about changing your MP4 to a 650s!
You will get a better car, more HP, Torque and so on....:)
Andreas

·
Registered
148 Posts
Curious if anyone knows how much the front only OEM or Aftermarket conversion would cost?

Found for 220k MP4 spider 2013 like new, really want to do conversion.

Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts