McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I hope so too!! I was at the unveiling of the mp4-28 last year,she looked such a sweet car !!! I don't think she will be removing any of her stablemates from the boulevard anytime soon.....................

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope so too!! I was at the unveiling of the mp4-28 last year,she looked such a sweet car !!! I don't think she will be removing any of her stablemates from the boulevard anytime soon.....................
I would be willing to give up several vital organs to attend that.

About the Mp4-29:

Apparently, McLaren have been working on an innovative rear suspension in which the track-rod is positioned in such a way that may allow an aero advantage. I'm guessing it's some type of replacement for the 'beam wing' which has been outlawed under the 2014 rules. It seems Matt Morris is the brains behind it and that Tim Goss ok'd it only if a more conventional solution is developed along with it in case it doesn't work as intended. There has been talk that there are some 'rigidity issues with it.

They might run the first test in Jerez with the conventional set-up so as to avoid any teething problems and run as many miles as possible which is vital this year with such drastic rule changes.

Still no word on a title sponsor for 2014. Sony? Gillette? McLaren may run without a title sponsor for this year only which leads me to believe that Honda is already injecting money into the team. We may see a papaya orange MP4-29.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I haven't been invited this year,but last year was very special as it was of course the 50th Anniversary,and seeing (hearing) the fleet of Boulevard cars driving through the MTC will live with me for ever,Very Special :cool:
Ever had that fizz you get in another vital organ ..............................??!!

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
I would be willing to give up several vital organs to attend that.

About the Mp4-29:

Apparently, McLaren have been working on an innovative rear suspension in which the track-rod is positioned in such a way that may allow an aero advantage. I'm guessing it's some type of replacement for the 'beam wing' which has been outlawed under the 2014 rules. It seems Matt Morris is the brains behind it and that Tim Goss ok'd it only if a more conventional solution is developed along with it in case it doesn't work as intended. There has been talk that there are some 'rigidity issues with it.

They might run the first test in Jerez with the conventional set-up so as to avoid any teething problems and run as many miles as possible which is vital this year with such drastic rule changes.

Still no word on a title sponsor for 2014. Sony? Gillette? McLaren may run without a title sponsor for this year only which leads me to believe that Honda is already injecting money into the team. We may see a papaya orange MP4-29.
Interestng stuff thanks mpb

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
I'm hoping 2015 won't be a "lame-duck" campaign for the Woking MP4s, considering the hare'brain '14 season points rules (which will be short-lived), the Mercedes engine for only 1 year (with Honda taking over the shift in '15, so to speak), etc.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm starting the countdown for the arrival of the MP4/29...

MP4/7 days to go...

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Yes, McLaren will go without a title sponsor. Here are some details:

From Pitpass.com interview with MD Jonathan Neal of Mclaren

"We won't be announcing a new title partner when we launch our new MP4-29 on January 24th," he confirms, "but our roster of sponsors remains the envy of the pitlane. For example, Hugo Boss has been with us for 33 years, Tag Heuer has been with us for 29 years, Mobil 1 has been with us for 20 years and SAP has been with us for 16 years. More recently, we've added equally important blue-chip partners such as Santander, GSK, Johnnie Walker and Hilton.
"Moreover, and importantly, McLaren Group is a private organisation, not a PLC," he adds. "As such, whereas in previous years we've sometimes shown a very healthy profit, running to tens of millions of pounds, we don't have shareholders demanding that we do that every year, as PLCs do. Indeed, our shareholders don't take dividends - instead they're motivated by the desire to make the McLaren Group an even greater and even more successful powerhouse of technical innovation than it is already. The recent success and exciting potential of McLaren Automotive and McLaren Applied Technologies prove that.
"So, bearing all the above points in mind, I'm pleased to say that McLaren Racing will have a larger operational budget available to it in 2014 than it's had in any previous season in McLaren's history.
"We're in good shape," he adds with a smile.
I care little about the name on the car - just where it finishes. Slight disappointment that they won't revert to an orange livery this year.

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
McLaren have hired Ciaron Pilbeam from Lotus. He'll be chief race engineer.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Almost forgot. The first car reveal of 2014. Force India VJM07. I really like the new livery.

1 - 20 of 483 Posts