McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The new F1 car seems to have a lot of new aero bits. I'm not sure if the camera was distorting the picture as the car looked very long and the drivers very stubby!

The P1 driven by Jenson was very low to the ground compared to the MP12 driven by Perez ( the smiling Mexican?)

·
Beyond P1
223 Posts
As was speculated, McLaren has adopted Ferrari's front pull rod set up, a feature that some blamed for the initial poor performance of the Ferrari in 2012.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Great video E. The female announcer kept asking JB to stand on her Rt. but apparently he was a bit disorientated from the P1 test drive.:)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Andy, when Jenson got out of the electric car with the range extender engine he left the door open. Did you see inside? So share your impression, promise I won't tell Ron. Honest.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
The P1 mule interiors just have bits borrowed from the 12C. I am sure that was part of the reason for shuttling it out of there once Jenson arrived.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Sat in her RIC,even had my finger on the start button:D What you didnt see (but the journos did,so its ok to tell) but heard was the P1 doing a quick spin around in reverse and drive back out again,all under electric power with quite a turn of speed!!!
As for the interior,well as many have said we are sworn to secrecy,one of the impressive things is that the cabin feels bigger than the 12c,everything else youve been told,but i can also say that now i know some more specs Marko Ramius is going to get a big shock!;)

Oh Erik,me a mclaren fanboy,were do you get that impression!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Andy, envy, pure bloody envy. I was busy today, so there!

Finger on the start button, well I won't tell you where my finger was, so there again.

Looked like a fun day though and Tuna wrap with chilli!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Andy, envy, pure bloody envy. I was busy today, so there!

Finger on the start button, well I won't tell you where my finger was, so there again.

Looked like a fun day though and Tuna wrap with chilli!
Hats off to the chef,the food is always top class,anyway you are due your weekly pint with Ron,you always have the inside track!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's all well and good, but next week we have testing at Jerez. That is where the rubber will meet the road and we will get our first clues about our new car, our new driver, Lewis, the Brawn/Wolff/Lauda Merc, and a host of other things.

I can hardly wait.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks LS1. Very interesting. Just occurred to me (DUH) that since the cars are going to V6 Turbo next year, this year will likely have a smaller spend on engineering because much of the package will be dumped to accommodate the new engines. That means IMHO that the leaders from last year will extend their lead. The mid-pack runners (Mercedes, Williams) will need some luck to advance in a given race.

We shall see.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Thanks LS1. Very interesting. Just occurred to me (DUH) that since the cars are going to V6 Turbo next year, this year will likely have a smaller spend on engineering because much of the package will be dumped to accommodate the new engines. That means IMHO that the leaders from last year will extend their lead. The mid-pack runners (Mercedes, Williams) will need some luck to advance in a given race.

We shall see.
I have a hard time believing that any of this F1 teams would be happy with the status quo. Cheers.....??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts