1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
He didnt get a good start,but the difference was massivly obvious,i never thought it would be that far apart!! Did you use stock tyres or the sticky ones??:)
Widowmaker is going to be sick:D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
3rd time slip shows the Porsche with a better reaction time and start. Still, at the end of every 1/4 mile, 12C is travelling at least 7 mph faster, longer the race, worse Turbo S will get beat.

·
Registered
983 Posts
That's pretty damned impressive. TurboS is no slouch.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That's pretty damned impressive. TurboS is no slouch.
It's probably the best stoplight drag car you can buy, besides a 2013 GTR. Still is not very exciting, but makes for a nice daily driver IMO.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Great stuff, love that car !

I'm wondering how it would do against a GT2 RS...
Seen a Japanese youtube video where the GT2 RS cannot even beat a 2012 GTR nor a ZR1 from a roll. With the manual transmission, it does not stand a chance against the 12C.

I am interested in how the 12C stacks up against the Ferrari F12, both from a standing start, rolling 30mph on up, and 60-130 times.

This is what I can find so far, until Treynor's F12 comes in:

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/ferrari_620_gt-vs-mclaren_mp4-12c_my2013.html

Looking pretty good for the McLaren!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a Turbo S. The Porsche is faster out of the hole but the Mac then passes it. That vid isn't accurate.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
certainly is, just have to know what your doing.... I've done 0-60 MPH in 2.7 in my MP4 and bested that turbo S launch even when he ran his best 10.8 in the 1/4 mile....

I have a Turbo S. The Porsche is faster out of the hole but the Mac then passes it. That vid isn't accurate.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
certainly is, just have to know what your doing.... I've done 0-60 MPH in 2.7 in my MP4 and bested that turbo S launch even when he ran his best 10.8 in the 1/4 mile....
Man you get off that line quickly........impressive, though the turbo S usually does quarter in the 10.8s......must be driver error on the turbos part;):p

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 911 does everything for you.... it ran as it should 10.87 and 11.02..... just .14 apart... LC doesn't do exactly the same thing each time.... the actual launch RPM can be slightly different each time.....

Man you get off that line quickly........impressive, though the turbo S usually does quarter in the 10.8s......must be driver error on the turbos part;):p

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
the 911 does everything for you.... it ran as it should 10.87 and 11.02..... just .14 apart... LC doesn't do exactly the same thing each time.... the actual launch RPM can be slightly different each time.....
Interesting ..........hopefully all sorted out with updated PDK on the 991 GT3. Can u imagine the 991 turbo S:eek:;)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Autoevolution has three race videos posted from PBIR......the rub of the article suggest if the turbo S had a slight tune (recal ECU) the results would have been different, implying PORSCHE WINS:eek:........what say you. I guess same can be said about a SLIGHT TUNED 12C (forgetdaboutit);)

·
Owner
277 Posts
Autoevolution has three race videos posted from PBIR......the rub of the article suggest if the turbo S had a slight tune (recal ECU) the results would have been different, implying PORSCHE WINS:eek:........what say you. I guess same can be said about a SLIGHT TUNED 12C (forgetdaboutit);)
The incorrect word is slight.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I own both,and they are talking B------s,maybe in rain with a bit of sleet and gravel thrown in for good measure:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts