McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a few pictures and copied them here from Wheels Boutique for discussion purposes. Where can one purchase these? I'm assuming they are just stickers. I'm on the fence of which to get. The "Mclaren" vs "Mp4-12C." Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John I think it looks great! I guess I'm out of luck:mad:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hey Neelan. I wouldn't give up too quickly. Although the McLaren+Logo is a stencil from MSO. I think the "MP4-12C" is some type of add on/sticker. I'm just not sure where from. You could get almost anything added, perhaps as a custom static cling sticker?

http://www.designerysigns.com/static-cling-stickers-best-value.html

You could do the logo, the 12C, or even both as a custom cling sticker. There also may be fancier custom paint/stencils that might be available.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Neelan. I wouldn't give up too quickly. Although the McLaren+Logo is a stencil from MSO. I think the "MP4-12C" is some type of add on/sticker. I'm just not sure where from. You could get almost anything added, perhaps as a custom static cling sticker?

http://www.designerysigns.com/static-cling-stickers-best-value.html

You could do the logo, the 12C, or even both as a custom cling sticker. There also may be fancier custom paint/stencils that might be available.
John, thanks for the link. I guess it's worth a try! Can't hurt. I'm a bit lazy, maybe someone else will go first and I
can just copy them:eek:

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
You just need an .EPS file of the logo you want and any graphic design/sign company should be able to make you a decal to apply to the car. You should be able to get the current 'McLaren' logo with tick badge here:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/logo/mclaren-0

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
271 Posts
The orange car is actually mine. Got a company that specialize in stickers to do it. Sure you can get it done easily.:)

·
Registered
632 Posts
I sent you info on where I got mine. :)

My local detail shop had to recreate these from scratch...but it turned out great!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The orange car is actually mine. Got a company that specialize in stickers to do it. Sure you can get it done easily.:)
Cka, your car looks fantastic! Sorry I had to hijack your cars picture! I think I'm leaning towards the mp4-12c logo as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
As a counterpoint I already know the model without opening the door, but that's me. I do like the idea of a Kiwi bird sticker for the fenders, though.

·
C A R B O N
345 Posts
We can also cut you a negative stencil or a decal if needed as we have a plotter here in house and a full array of EPS files we use for promotional stuff. You may also consider a decal that is in body color if we can source a close enough match.

We use a similar stencil process when we create our etched promotional glass or carbon plate
frames.

The permanent approach most body shops could perform would be to:
.. scuff the surface and apply the stencil
..paint stencil area to the desired color
..remove stencil and wet sand with 1000/1200 to smooth stenciled area.
..Apply finish clear coats and polish to preferred gloss finish.

david

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As a counterpoint I already know the model without opening the door, but that's me. I do like the idea of a Kiwi bird sticker for the fenders, though.
Thank you for your input. I just like the look, it's not that I need a reminder of the model. If you look around your car there are plenty of reminders of what you are driving. In fact I'm one of those that would tick the box for the "Porsche crest embossed in the headrest" in some of my previous cars. To each his own I guess. I'll see if I can get you a kiwi sticker!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I like the old school Kiwi sticker or the Swoosh symbol. Remember Neelan - You are driving a 12C - spider. They changed the name from MP4 - 12C to 12C for 2013.

Just blows my mind that a company couldn't figure out how to name a new model that they are launching!!:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts