McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited, today. Or well let's say, I tried to visit today. I have got to say the RUDEST dealer of any brand of automobile. I mean... They were just complete asses. When I walked in, I introduced myself as a Mclaren owner, even wearing a Mclaren Philadelphia shirt. The guy had absolutely nothing to say. I Tried to take a picture in the store, and I was told "no pictures allowed", and asked to leave.
Mclaren REALLY needs to talk to these boys about customer service. I felt like I was in a Ferrari dealership

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was there last week and I got a different experience. The guy was quite helpful and I ended up getting one from them!
Why are you taking pictures when you got one at home? Maybe grass is always greener on the other side :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not much better here in Paris, France, where they are not even interested in their own local clients (eg 8 months after I took delivery of my car, they did not invite me to the Paris Motor Show "because they were not sure if they had my correct contact details"). Right or wrong, I heard that Woking is about to address the problem, and that would be good news.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Not much better here in Paris, France, where they are not even interested in their own local clients (eg 8 months after I took delivery of my car, they did not invite me to the Paris Motor Show "because they were not sure if they had my correct contact details"). Right or wrong, I heard that Woking is about to address the problem, and that would be good news.
The French dealers appear to be incredibly poor. I guess the Monaco dealer doesn't give two hoots as they're plenty of people to sell to. Surprised Paris so poor, in one sense, not surprised in another.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The way the Paris dealer fixes the market on residuals (particularly on 458's and 12C's) is tantamount to robbery..........actually it is fraudulent abuse of a monopoly position which the EEC legislature fails owners on completely whilst ensuring bananas are the right size and shape!

There I've got that unzipped and as the French say, 'of my chest'.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was there last week and I got a different experience. The guy was quite helpful and I ended up getting one from them!
Why are you taking pictures when you got one at home? Maybe grass is always greener on the other side :)
Mike, just thought it would be cool to have a picture of " Mclaren Hong Kong" in my sight seeing pics, that's all...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thought you were located in Hk, sorry about the bad experience blue, my sales guy actually went and turn the car on so I can hear the exhaust note. In the end that's what sold me. They need to better train their sales guys on manners if they asked you to leave.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Mike, just thought it would be cool to have a picture of " Mclaren Hong Kong" in my sight seeing pics, that's all...
I am hearing this a lot.....No doubt they all made to much money this year..Lol..Or had to give away any margin just to get the cash back in...IMHO.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i was trying to fly in a tech from Mclaren HK to do the upgrades and work on my car. it took quite some time to reply and when everything was fixed and set and they come back and cancel due to "insurance reasons".

i then called Mclaren SGP, and in 2 weeks they were in Manila ready to work on my vehicle at a cheaper rate. and were simply a great bunch of guys.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive never had any problems dealing with UK dealers or MTC or MSO or GT, and my Oppo in TW has also had no problems in South East Asia or UK either.. :) might be a one off bad day...

·
Owner
893 Posts
My dealer in the U.S. was quite haughty. They act like a Ferrari dealership ..... Oh wait, they are that also !!:D Some of these dealers have selective graciousness. No wonder they have so many unsold cars for sale.:p Keep up the good work, you are hurting the brand nicely.

·
Sponsor
936 Posts
Sounds like McLaren needs a code of conduct for its dealerships. This would set them apart from Ferrari and other exotic dealers. It really goes a long way with this demographic. I know for a fact that the medical field and other multi-billion dollar industries are going for the ultimate customer experience.. If I were McLaren, then I would investigate customer complaints and make a corrective action, if it is warranted!

I had a bad experience from my local dealer and I ultimately decided not to buy from them because of it. Perhaps, it was a cultural disbelief that I could afford this car. I don't know and I really don't care. I took my business, elsewhere about 450 miles south.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I was just wondering if you guys with all the complaints check your ego's before walking through the door. I'm just asking because some people expect to be serve hand and foot when walking through that door. Cheers....??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just wondering if you guys with all the complaints check your ego's before walking through the door. I'm just asking because some people expect to be serve hand and foot when walking through that door. Cheers....??
I was just happy and proud to be visiting the dealer, I didn't walk in with an attitude, quite the opposite, rather, a hello and a smile, followed by an introduction of myself; what I got back, was disgraceful. Seriously, there is no excuse for the salesman's behavior. None. I would treat a begging bum on the street with more respect

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Well, I can see why a salesmen might not give much attention to someone who is taking pictures of the cars. Only a tiny percentage of people buy these and there is probably no shortage of people just wanting to look at them. Could have been a bit more polite about it I suppose.

That said, asking someone to leave is pretty fucking lame. It's not like the dealer was jam packed full of tourists putting their hands on all the cars or trying to sit in them. I can't imagine ever telling someone not to take pictures or to leave.

It is a place of business, yes, but if not for all those people who can't afford them and just visit to take photos, these cars wouldn't even sell. A luxury, high-end brand's cachet is directly correlated with the amount of people who wish they could have one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I visited the HK dealership this past January and the salesman was quite nice...took pic together and talked a bit about the market...I enjoyed the visit ....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just a clarification too...I wasn't trying to take a picture of the one yellow car they had. I wanted to take a picture of the dealer. Something that said mclaren Hong Kong on it, could of cared less about taking a pic of the car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts