McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark asked me to put these up,these are only provisional dates,and if there are any glaring mistakes can you all make it obvious to me so I can pass this on ,if it clashes with your mother in laws cats spaying and she needs moral support then that's just tough ,but any other motorsport events and the like,then things can be changed .

1 April Brands
14th April Monza
25th April Spa
13 May Brands
28th May Silverstone GP circuit
5th June Magny cours
30th June Paul Richard
15th July Red bull ring Austria
8th Sept Donington
16th September Zandvoort
25th September Spa

awaiting confirmation from Hockenhiem,and Nuburgring GP.

You will notice that the Monza,Silverstone and Paul Richard follow the Blancplain endurance series dates allowing people to watch the races on Sunday then do the track on Monday with the team,but Silverstone is on the Wednesday after the bank holiday race.

We are privileged to have this info before the dealerships as it was many of us that helped drive these events this year ,as the dealerships will use them for sales.So any feed back will be taken seriously.So don't be shy with your opinions,i am assuming the reduced price from this year will be kept as this is what made the later events successful .

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Andy, would you know if the pro driver courses will be held alongside each date as well? And also whether brands will be the GP course or indy...

Bit greedy I know but was rather hoping that Mark might be able to snaffle a day at the Ascari race resort...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andy, would you know if the pro driver courses will be held alongside each date as well? And also whether brands will be the GP course or indy...

Bit greedy I know but was rather hoping that Mark might be able to snaffle a day at the Ascari race resort...
I think they want to keep the level 1 pro driver at Brands on the short course,mainly because it is a short course so they can show improvement by the fact you are doing plenty of laps and quickly see where the improvement is coming from.I tend to agree after McDc,and Mikey,s appraisal and that McDc now has it as one of his favourite tracks even though it is short.
Ascari was talked about,but the cost and logistics for most owners would make it difficult to work,where as Paul Richard is a lot more accessible for customer and dealership alike.
Mark,was saying to me that level 2 on the pro course might be a little more flexible as her would be less demand so maybe Spa would be good for that after level 1 is done.Over to you Mikey

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I think they want to keep the level 1 pro driver at Brands on the short course,mainly because it is a short course so they can show improvement by the fact you are doing plenty of laps and quickly see where the improvement is coming from.I tend to agree after McDc,and Mikey,s appraisal and that McDc now has it as one of his favourite tracks even though it is short.
Ahh but that is probably because mcdc has not been round the full gp track yet! ;) heh ok thanks for the info andy, will drop mark a call tomorrow anyway.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for posting Andy, a very attractive lineup put together by Mark.

Tempted to do Spa twice, first with a snowmobile in april and the with the 12C in september :D

I'm wondering where the McLL 'Ring Event 2014 fits in there ? Maybe mid July to August ?
Sounds good to me Martin,it did suit most of us this year from a volume of drivers point of view :D
I will have to do the driver training at Brands,maybe that's why Mark put it on April the 1st,JUST FOR ME............

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thx for posting, I will definitely do Spa, but I got to do some of the others too..

I will have my P1 at the spa one... :))

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just had confirmation that Mark has confirmed the Dates for SPA,ie they have taken payment!!
25th April
25th sept

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I really want to do Spa or Silverstone. When is the weather best to have a dry track at Spa/Silverstone? I would guess June - August but just asking since you guys are close to those tracks.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think spa in September would be a better bet,but the weather in Europe is so unpredictable,and you only have the one choice for Silverstone,but the run offs are good so I wouldn't worry about the weather too much.I spoke to Mark about you today,and he is sure they can accommodate you as an overseas customer with no car :)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I really want to do Spa or Silverstone. When is the weather best to have a dry track at Spa/Silverstone? I would guess June - August but just asking since you guys are close to those tracks.
If you're coming over specially for one of the GT events, then you simply have to go to Spa, it is a far better track to drive than silverstone and you can rent a car to pop over to the Ring which is about 80mins drive away (and has some rather nice roads to get there...)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Ritesh.....beware there are a number of tracks and track configurations at Silverstone. The New GP track and old one are the ones to drive in a 12C. google the website

Other forum contributors may have different views.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ritesh.....beware there are a number of tracks and track configurations at Silverstone. The New GP track and old one are the ones to drive in a 12C. google the website

Other forum contributors may have different views.
Mark is booking the GP track,so I will see you there RIC :)

1 - 20 of 285 Posts