McLaren Life banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love it. That is what these cars are for. As a first post and new to the forum I have to chuckle at all the silly school kid posts. It seems to be a thing we all want to pigeon hole others and manufacturers into one thing - like it's some sort of rule. I can't wait to see the first Mclaren mini-van in the near future. lol.

·
Registered
2020 Mclaren GT / Viridian / Luxe
9 Posts
I just took delivery of a GT. As I was going through the search process, I felt like I was the ideal demographic for this car. I come from being a heavy Porsche owner. I wanted something a tad more special than my current 911 and a 911 Turbo S seemed redundant. Plus I daily a Taycan Turbo S already so it felt extra redundant. I used to own a DB11 and the driving experience in that was sub-par; a GT that couldn't put its power down, felt very heavy, and not sporty by any stretch. Similarly, the 720s was way too loud for me to daily and the 570s didn't feel special enough. So... the GT was the perfect fit. Always wanted a McLaren, gets just enough attention, no fuss on noise, and drives like an insanely fast and sporty GT.
Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was so close to buying the GT as a 2nd car a few months ago. i liked the interior space and the smooth ride. it would be a nice daily driver....during my time researching the GT i starting thinking it closely resembled the new Corvette.....so i bought the 600LT ....love the 600LT..drive it every weekend. it has the comfy seats in it.

·
Registered
2020 Mclaren GT / Viridian / Luxe
9 Posts
Totally agreed on the C8 Corvette. I had my reservations too. Watched way too many review videos and in certain colours and angles I couldn't unsee the resemblance. All was well when l test drove a demo at McLaren Seattle and they had a C8 Corvette on the lot as well. It has way more presence than the Corvette. Particularly from the rear - they don't look anything similar.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts