McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had a long chat with McLaren GT yesterday. They're hopefully about to announce their first training (known as level 1) which will be 1.5 days at Brands Hatch - September 25th/26th.

The idea is level 1 is the fundamentals. As you "pass" each level you then more intense instruction to the point where if you want to get to level 5 then you can have some access to the simulator at MTC with the GT car installed.

Cost is going to be circa £4k inc taxes. I've signed up. Andy C is thinking about it :D

Richard

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
So do u get to drive the 12C GT3 in level 1?
Not in level one 6th,in fact I'm not sure when that happens as there are 5 levels and you can stay at which ever level you are comfortable with,considering that level 5 is then classed as a race driver with not just the skill of driving but being able to read telemetry and act on it.So if I made level 2 I think I would be happy !! It will be suited to each driver so how many times you will have to do each level is dependant on your ability I assume.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crap, dates don't work for me otherwise I would definitely be there.
The plan is to offer level 1,2,3,4 at any of the Pure McLaren days of which a lot more are planned for next year.

I'm hoping i can pass to level 2 for Spa with Andy C:D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
The plan is to offer level 1,2,3,4 at any of the Pure McLaren days of which a lot more are planned for next year.

I'm hoping i can pass to level 2 for Spa with Andy C:D
I wont be at level one by then Richard,so you will be sailing past !! Although I think I might be a bit braver than normal given its not my car,and the car is far beyond my ability at the moment.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Crap, dates don't work for me otherwise I would definitely be there.
Lots of time to get going next year Boxer,given there are 5 levels and drivers progress at different rates it will be an on going programme tailored to each driver,its just frustrating that Mike and Richard will have a head start!! But great that we will be the first drivers that have this opportunity with McLaren,as I think it will take time to become common knowledge as its not the dealerships that will be driving it !:)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Has there been any mention of a North American program? And is McLaren GT going to race over here, eventually?
Once they get settled with the European programme,then it will spread out to the states and asia,but I assume they will need a partner to do it as McLaren GT is only affiliated to McLaren,but Mark did tell me given time it will happen,that is if it works over here first :)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
so I am all signed up... very much looking forward to it... seems this event will be a pilot program of sorts so it will be officially launched afterwards.... interestingly it will be open to anyone eventually so you won't have to own a McLaren to do the course, which I think is quite smart... although I could also see why some would like to keep it 'exclusive' to McLaren owners...

roll on level 5!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
so I am all signed up... very much looking forward to it... seems this event will be a pilot program of sorts so it will be officially launched afterwards.... interestingly it will be open to anyone eventually so you won't have to own a McLaren to do the course, which I think is quite smart... although I could also see why some would like to keep it 'exclusive' to McLaren owners...

roll on level 5!
I want to know every detail by the 27th !!!!!:),just you and Richard at the moment then .

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Dates don't work for me either unfortunately despite my best efforts... will definitely try this next year though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts