McLaren Life banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to the mac from a 2017 AMG gt the car definitely feels more supercar than daily driver which is not a bad thing. In ny it’s not a car I can drive everyday even in black it attracts attention vs the amg. The drive is amazing a little turbo lag but once you get into the power it’s a rocket ship put your foot down at 70 and next thing you know your doing 140. YouTube videos have the car running 10.3 @ 135 stock quarter miles. Handling is great, perfect steering feel and my first mid engine car so carrying that speed in corners is new. Brake pedal (carbon ceramics) feel took some getting used to initially requires a lot of pressure but then easy to modulate. I first thought there was something wrong with them but I’d say within a few hours of driving the car I got used tk them but definitely warn anyone u let drive the car ! Ride is great as all macs even on awful ny roads. Interior is comfortable enough zero storage just some token cubbies in doors. In a car with two seat whyThree cupholders and they’re all different sizes and placed terribly as are the seat controls. Seats are very good and coupled with ride make it a very comfortable car capable of long highway journeys. Visibility is good not great big greenhouse but low roofline light years better than my amg gt nkt as good as a 911. Bowers stereos good, ambient lighting cool, electro chromic roof very cool, infotainment barely passable of course 2021 cars are getting CarPlay, bastards !!! Overall I think as a daily driver and a gt car it falls short of something like a bentley gt for ultimate luxury or 911 turbo for ultimate speed but those cars are a lot less supercar. In person the gt has great presence a little speedtailish I think black looks good on the car some have said it looks like the c8 but I think thet car looks good too and have a deposit on a z06. Very happy with car so far need to get it ppf ASAP so I can start really driving it. Locally I know a couple of guys with these, ones had dowpipes gintani exhaust and it is spitting fire out the back I’ve heard a tune really wakes the car up I’ll need to get used to the 612 Hp a little before upgrading. Still looking for a decent wireless charging mount for phone the one I got was good but left little room for passengers left knee. Anyone know of simple wire tap for radar detector ? Anyone considering one go drive it and they’re letting these go cheap!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you getting a lot of creaky squeaky sounds coming from the back of the car by the hatch? Mine does it constantly and it drives me crazy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven’t noticed any weird noises other than the occasional rattle but even my benzes have those for a hand built car it feels pretty solid. I had an x5 that had terrible rattles from tailgate finally fixed it with a few weatherstrips also license plates and frames can be noisy. I would take it back to mclaren to have them check. In terms of radar install in other cars you can usually tap a wire in the mirror or overhead lights to power the radar detector to avoid having to run cable to lighter socket.

·
Registered
163 Posts
how cheap is cheap? I'm sold on the performance and looks but not sure how I feel about value and reliability yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you getting a lot of creaky squeaky sounds coming from the back of the car by the hatch? Mine does it constantly and it drives me crazy
I just picked up my 2021 White GT today, and yes I have this slight "pop" or something that is coming from the back when I go over a driveway curb or bump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts