McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I made that run...Yes on P Zeros. I was staged by myself and I waited for the Launch Control to be ready before I went...I think a 10.5 or so can be achieved. It was also about 87 F so a hot night.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good run, any spinning off the line? do you have the slip, 1/8 mile, mph?

I made that run...Yes on P Zeros. I was staged by myself and I waited for the Launch Control to be ready before I went...I think a 10.5 or so can be achieved. It was also about 87 F so a hot night.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No slip at all on that run...I have had some slip at times. I think that Powertrain on Track (Man OFF) with Handling on Sport (Aero ON) provides the best combo for a drag. It allows a little squat to help with off the line traction vs a totally hard set up for driving a road course. If you over-rev at all with a manuel shift, you miss the next gear's sweet spot on the torque curve and there is a slight hesitation...Only for a drag. I would never allow Auto shifting for a road course.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, leave aero off, it drops back down...

I run mine in normal suspension and track drivetrain... have to make sure you hold the LC long enough to build full boost...

Can you put the spoiler back down once you have traction?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
yea, leave aero off, it drops back down...

I run mine in normal suspension and track drivetrain... have to make sure you hold the LC long enough to build full boost...
So you wait how much longer after it says "ready?"

·
OWNER
99 Posts
Someone please correct me if I am wrong. So the dual clutch on this car will not be hurt or burn out when using launch controls?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Someone please correct me if I am wrong. So the dual clutch on this car will not be hurt or burn out when using launch controls?
Correct. We are just discussing timing of releasing the brakes.

·
OWNER
99 Posts
Mark I tried launch control several times but very unsuccessful. The car was being a smart ass and tells me to go read the manual.
Btw, I saw your SV at Metro this week.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
No too many fail safes,its just if it overheats (because you are revving the car on the brake,with the clutch ready to fire you off the line) the launch will be aborted so as not to damage anything. At least that's how I see it.I was experimenting with it 2 years ago ,and being too tentative with the throttle (ie not standing on it) so I was taking to long to launch and getting over heating warnings,2 years later and 16k miles and its still as good as new.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Mark I tried launch control several times but very unsuccessful. The car was being a smart ass and tells me to go read the manual.
Btw, I saw your SV at Metro this week.
It's really pretty easy, let the car warm up, then find a safe spot. Push launch, left foot on brake, and floor the gas, it will say building boost, and then ready, let of the brake and go, the car will shift automatically at redline for you, or you can shift, but why.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts