McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Quite a heafty front splitter too Boxer!! so more likley P12 than GT3 as the engine cover wouldnt need that much ventilation for the GT3 imo

·
Registered
886 Posts
Would have guessed P11 GT.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nice find!

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Quite a heafty front splitter too Boxer!! so more likley P12 than GT3 as the engine cover wouldnt need that much ventilation for the GT3 imo
But maybe they replaced the glass with a vented polycarb window to save weight, a la F40...

No idea about those rear spoiler protrusions.. maybe some new aero concept?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Registered to make this comment - saw this a couple of weeks back just outside my house in Sevenoaks. Didn't manage to snap a photo but what i would like to ask is whether you heard engine noise? I followed it for a while and heard absolutely nothing in the noise department so was thinking that maybe its testing KERS?

EDIT: Spoiler looks a bit odd compared to the one i saw - perhaps I'm misremembering.

·
Administrator
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Registered to make this comment - saw this a couple of weeks back just outside my house in Sevenoaks. Didn't manage to snap a photo but what i would like to ask is whether you heard engine noise? I followed it for a while and heard absolutely nothing in the noise department so was thinking that maybe its testing KERS?

EDIT: Spoiler looks a bit odd compared to the one i saw - perhaps I'm misremembering.
It was not moving when I got the pictures. Had parked in a little slip road.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
This IS a "MCLAREN AUTOMOTMP4 12C" So MP4 12C based I would say.
All the planned cars are based on the monocell,so it could actually be any future model,they can clothe the car how they wish at a later date,so it will always be difficult to tell what a mule is.Other manufacturers do not have this luxury as they are using old style methods!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts