McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
McLaren Automotive websites (or mini-sites) I'd like to see:

1) A highly technical website detailing the car's tech. Concepts such as brake steering, pre-cog & 'post'-cog, powertrain & handling settings could be explained at various degrees of depth. Tutorials on driving technology and techniques would be an added plus.

Suggestion prompted by many threads asking one another on technical details, like 6th 'pre-cog' explanation, RC33's brake study, and others. At this point in time, most of my (and our?) information is from forum post bookmarks. Time to demystify.

2) An an interactive MSO catalog of examples and accessories would be quite enticing and appreciated. Bespoke projects customers wish to make public, limited editions cars like the HS, and highly configured MSO examples along with accessory parts and prices.

Thought came via the 'Price Revision' and 'MSO' threads.

3) A pinboard of global corporate and customer events. Track days, events, and customer organized drives like the gentlemen in Dubai's recent outing. For example, owners living in the GCC states such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and neighboring cities might have spent the weekend joining the drive in Dubai if given a few days notice?

4) An experience thread. An owner's insight of what it's like to drive. Text and video commentary from - yes - us, much like the experiences Porsche features from time to time. Oh. And journalist reviews would be welcome (somewhere).

Assume that this wouldn't be a resource or time intensive project which will yield heavy benefits?

One of the marque's qualities is innovation. There's potential for McLaren to make their mark in the PR & technical outreach fields by harboring an interactive and intensive digital outreach. A 'family' so to speak.

All thoughts, comments, ideas and suggestions welcome.
Perhaps this may gain some traction.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
How about a "McLaren Dealer Experience/Evaluation" sub-section for owners to rate the various dealerships??
If it's for owners only - issue is a lot of dealers along with Mcalren read this forum.

Flip side is if it's all positive everyone will have a lot more confidence.

Mclaren seems to be doing everything it can IMO and the dealers have some serious skin in the game carrying inventory vs a Ferrari dealer who pre - sells 99%.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To clarify, I meant that McLaren should create these websites.
Didn't mean them as forum subsections. Although, if there's enough interest, then why not?

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Great ideas Ramy. I've long wished that McLaren would bring some innovation to the marketing side of things, if only because they have some incredible and unique assets to leverage. For example, show us more of the simulator being used for development; show us how Chris Goodwin calibrated Brake Steer and this delectable Traction Control.

In time, I hope we see more. I suppose right now they are still working through priorities.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Ramy,Many of these ideas are in the pipeline,and it is only a time issue,it will happen!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In time, I hope we see more. I suppose right now they are still working through priorities.
Ramy,Many of these ideas are in the pipeline,and it is only a time issue,it will happen!
I'm sure they will.

I somehow find myself committing thought to how the entire operation is flowing along.
Guess one may call that brand rapport and relations. A whispered sense of loyalty, somehow.

One of the first commitments made when 'adopting' McLaren as my choice brand was that their automotive division was taking its first breaths. Embryonic, almost. 'Early adopter' was a commitment I chose to take in all meanings of the word, and one I'm ready to do 'til they're up where we'd like them to be. No easy task establishing themselves in the market on the first try.

(Although, a tad unfair to say compared to the early early owners. :eek: But seems that I will be sharing in your depreciation soon. And the MSO price increase *cries*.)

They seem a marque eager and ready to learn and develop at speed. Thought a little fleshing out of suggestions and ideas would be constructive to see. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Great thoughts Ramy!
I second all your initiatives and would look forward to ever more positive improvements as well.
It is never easy to walk the walk, talk the talk, McLaren has done well so far but we hope they will do better soon to affirm its rightful podium position in the automotive world.;)

Attachments

·
Owner
893 Posts
If it's for owners only - issue is a lot of dealers along with Mcalren read this forum. .........
Isn't the purpose of these internet automotive forums to be informative and a place to search out particulars about the cars that owners and buyers are interested in ?

:rolleyes:..... Are we supposed to be afraid of hurting the feelings of manufacturers and dealerships who may be 'dropping the ball' or 'not up to snuff' on certain things ??
As long as whatever would be stated is forthright and factual ...... what's wrong with it?
(Newspapers are chock full of lousy reviews for restaurants ..... That doesn't seem to bother folks, and seems analogous to this notion.)
JMO ..... :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Isn't the purpose of these internet automotive forums to be informative and a place to search out particulars about the cars that owners and buyers are interested in ?

:rolleyes:..... Are we supposed to be afraid of hurting the feelings of manufacturers and dealerships who may be 'dropping the ball' or 'not up to snuff' on certain things ??
As long as whatever would be stated is forthright and factual ...... what's wrong with it?
(Newspapers are chock full of lousy reviews for restaurants ..... That doesn't seem to bother folks, and seems analogous to this notion.)
JMO ..... :)
Very well put Jake, couldn't agree with you more, specifically concerning the factual aspect of things. Cheers....??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts