McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve decided to go ahead with buying a 720S. It is at Lamborghini Dallas. I want to have a PPI done but I’ve noticed there are quite a few reviews of McLaren Dallas doing shady things in their service department. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with them and what that experience has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Owner
488 Posts
I am in Kansas and have had to send my car there twice. The service rep I deal with is great; very responsive and seems to know the process well and is very good at updates.
That being said, the first time it was sent, the car was there for almost 3 weeks, for something that should have not taken more than a week. I know transport is also an issue, but when I received the car, a panel was popped off and the bottom front corner, show scratches and scuffs as rips. They owned up to it and they are supposed to make the repairs. The car is there for the 2nd time and this time it took almost 4 weeks - I haven't gotten the car back yet but I am hoping all goes well.

I could have done Chicago because it is pretty much the same distance, but my talks with the service reps were terrible and they didn't seem accommodating at all, so I went w/my gut.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I’ve decided to go ahead with buying a 720S. It is at Lamborghini Dallas. I want to have a PPI done but I’ve noticed there are quite a few reviews of McLaren Dallas doing shady things in their service department. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with them and what that experience has been.

Dont let reviews push you away Dallas has a great group of guys and some really smart techs.

·
Owner
752 Posts
Just don't walk into the Dallas showroom with short pants and a t-shirt, they'll treat you like a peasant, IF they even acknowledge your presence.
But yeah, the service dept. was A+ with me. (Last time I went, the service dept. was miles away from the
showroom, not sure if they've merged yet.)

·
Registered
815 Posts
They (Park Place Premier Collection, Dallas) refused to perform a PPI for me - they offered a "track inspection", but didn't seem to have checked some things that were on the checklist, or should have been noticed when checking them. I did wonder if they'd actually looked at the car. If you have a trustworthy independent, I'd use them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am in Kansas and have had to send my car there twice. The service rep I deal with is great; very responsive and seems to know the process well and is very good at updates.
That being said, the first time it was sent, the car was there for almost 3 weeks, for something that should have not taken more than a week. I know transport is also an issue, but when I received the car, a panel was popped off and the bottom front corner, show scratches and scuffs as rips. They owned up to it and they are supposed to make the repairs. The car is there for the 2nd time and this time it took almost 4 weeks - I haven't gotten the car back yet but I am hoping all goes well.

I could have done Chicago because it is pretty much the same distance, but my talks with the service reps were terrible and they didn't seem accommodating at all, so I went w/my gut.

Sorry to hear about your experience with our store. If you would like to shoot me a DM I can talk to the crew and see where we fell short of meeting your needs and expectations and try to earn your service business next go around. If I can ever assist with parts feel free to DM as well.
-Chris

·
Registered
629 Posts
dealing with park place since 2011. decent enough when vehicle was in warranty but needed to return a few times for the same uncorrected issues.
inquired about getting windshield replaced and reset of maintenance reminder a few months back and was quickly dismissed for the latter! this after religiously having vehicles serviced there for many years.
disappointing is an understatement but there are worse dealers out there still.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Park Place McLaren Dallas gets an A++ rating from me. They have been my McLaren dealer since 2013 and have serviced all of my McLarens starting with the 12C, 570S and 600LT over the years. They are a great group and all the McLaren technicians I know have been servicing McLarens since the 12C came out so they have many many years of great experience and they dignoise issues fast, order the right parts and resolve issues correctly the first time. The techs are always super helpful and answer all my questions. The parts manager and parts counter guys are always awesome!! My service advisor and the service manager are also very reaponsive and professional. I had one issue after a service where my engine bay covers were damaged with a few minor scratches and they accepted responsibility and replaced both engine covers with brand new ones. I would be writing a much different review if they did not take good care of my McLarens and do a great job.

Cheers!!

-Mike Monin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just don't walk into the Dallas showroom with short pants and a t-shirt, they'll treat you like a peasant, IF they even acknowledge your presence.
But yeah, the service dept. was A+ with me. (Last time I went, the service dept. was miles away from the
Too funny!

·
Administrator
2,666 Posts
Interesting, I almost always go into the Dallas showroom in jeans and a t-shirt and I have never had an issue getting help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting, I almost always go into the Dallas showroom in jeans and a t-shirt and I have never had an issue getting help.
Usually what I wear too. Although I usually also have a pretty nice watch on and a diamond cross necklace.

·
Owner
752 Posts
I'm serious ... first I asked the receptionist where the McLaren showroom was (not sure if still the same, but was a large place with many different makes of vehicles in different areas of the building). The receptionist didn't want to talk to me, but she finally repeated 'McLaren' to me, pointing out that I was pronouncing the 'A' wrong. Then when I got to the showroom, the salesman just sat there not 20 feet away and watched me for appr., 20 min. while I looked at McLarens inside, then outside, then back inside the building. I was wearing short pants, old tennis shoes, and a t-shirt (I had just dropped off my 12C for service at the other location). I was wearing my President's Rolex, but maybe he thought it was fake .... I do admit, I do not dress to impress and don't put the watch in anyone's face. I finally had to pull words from the salesman's mouth. He really did not respond until I indicated my 12C was being serviced (this was back in the pre-650 days). (On the other note, I am 5-6 hours away from Dallas, so when I called weeks earlier to hopefully have the service dept. ready for my service, I indicated what parts I thought the car would need, so that I could have it there at 8 a.m. and hopefully have it back by the next day. When I arrived, Service Dept. did not acknowledge my call and did not have any parts, so car was there appr. 10 days. When I got the car back, a snap on the seat was torn (holds seatbelt). Other than that, they did fix it right.) This was back in the 12C days, so probably different receptionists and salesmen by now.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I'm serious ... first I asked the receptionist where the McLaren showroom was (not sure if still the same, but was a large place with many different makes of vehicles in different areas of the building). The receptionist didn't want to talk to me, but she finally repeated 'McLaren' to me, pointing out that I was pronouncing the 'A' wrong. Then when I got to the showroom, the salesman just sat there not 20 feet away and watched me for appr., 20 min. while I looked at McLarens inside, then outside, then back inside the building. I was wearing short pants, old tennis shoes, and a t-shirt (I had just dropped off my 12C for service at the other location). I was wearing my President's Rolex, but maybe he thought it was fake .... I do admit, I do not dress to impress and don't put the watch in anyone's face. I finally had to pull words from the salesman's mouth. He really did not respond until I indicated my 12C was being serviced (this was back in the pre-650 days). (On the other note, I am 5-6 hours away from Dallas, so when I called weeks earlier to hopefully have the service dept. ready for my service, I indicated what parts I thought the car would need, so that I could have it there at 8 a.m. and hopefully have it back by the next day. When I arrived, Service Dept. did not acknowledge my call and did not have any parts, so car was there appr. 10 days. When I got the car back, a snap on the seat was torn (holds seatbelt). Other than that, they did fix it right.) This was back in the 12C days, so probably different receptionists and salesmen by now.
Unfortunately, it is a common human behavior. I visited a Porsche dealer while I was driving a rented car and nobody came to assist me in the showroom (had jeans and T shirt). The following weekend I visited again while driving my Mclaren 720s and two salesmen came out to greet me in the parking lot before I even got out of the car !!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Best buy is the worst. I can never get someone to help me out...It doesn't matter how I dress.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Unfortunately, it is a common human behavior. I visited a Porsche dealer while I was driving a rented car and nobody came to assist me in the showroom (had jeans and T shirt). The following weekend I visited again while driving my Mclaren 720s and two salesmen came out to greet me in the parking lot before I even got out of the car !!
similar experience at local Porsche dealer several years ago. Three salesman sitting at their desks completely ignoring me. I finally walked up and said "which one one of you would like to sell a car today"?? Was very interested in the just released 991.2 GT3 but was told they were asking $ 25K over MSRP. That was the extent of the entire interaction and since then have purchased three McLaren's. Oh well!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts