McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently a board member of the FCA - takes a lot of dedication but I enjoy it.

Anyone a member - there isn't much information.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is only for the F1 cars.

A McLaren Owners Club modeled on the FCA would be a great idea. I would hope McLaren would help set it up and support. Club would also be a good way of facilitating the setting up a GT race series for the new track only 12C GTs.
Would love to start it and take it all the way to GT racing.

Participating with CCR Ferrari the sponsors play a major role - the social part of the race weekend is under 5,000.00 track parties hotel etc.

Add another 6k for the car support team and whatever it needs in parts only.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
We NEED a club. We are a very small group and at the present moment the only interaction we get with other owners is via Mlife. That is sad IMHO

·
Registered
715 Posts
We NEED a club. We are a very small group and at the present moment the only interaction we get with other owners is via Mlife. That is sad IMHO
^^^^this

I'm in.

McLaren, you listening? When you have a couple o'three hundred million+ dollar cars out there in addition to the 3k+ 12Cs it's time to get the ball rolling.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^^this

I'm in.

McLaren, you listening? When you have a couple o'three hundred million+ dollar cars out there in addition to the 3k+ 12Cs it's time to get the ball rolling.
Do we need Mclaren?

Simply a matter of setting up an LLC and a website for registration.

Just did this last week for our FC's region - took less than 10 hours.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
I'm a total novice when it comes to car clubs, but would it make sense to try and build it off of McLarenLife at all? There is already the community, and I think this site acts a a great gateway into the brand. Having it extend into a more official McLaren Club seems logical... Well, logical for someone with no experience in such things :D.

-nh4.

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a total novice when it comes to car clubs, but would it make sense to try and build it off of McLarenLife at all? There is already the community, and I think this site acts a a great gateway into the brand. Having it extend into a more official McLaren Club seems logical... Well, logical for someone with no experience in such things :D.

-nh4.
I have tried and tried and tried ... many members want to stay anonymous on the internet which as you can see how many members here use their name.

FCA publishes peoples names in a directory - many members opted out to keep their personal information from being sold - let's face it these things are expensive and there has to be some way to recoup costs.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Why dont we find an active member and vote them in to start a mclaren club of our own? We will be founding members (C= Why re-invent the wheel. Do what others have done with other clubs and model it after them. Lets not get crazy with the membership fees though (C=
lc

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think there should be a club similar to PCA and FCA (MCA) and maybe with the help of mclaren it would eventually provide benefits as well, like the 10% discounts of PCA and FCA.
count me in..

·
C A R B O N
344 Posts
We have paid unlimited server space for the next 3 years and would be more than willing to host a developed site. I would also be willing to add sponsorship or any assistance.

David

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I would be happy to help organize. Let me know if anyone wants to have a direct discussion.
Count me in.

I have everything from FCA - being the current treasurer and knowing that Boxer has great depth in organizing these kind of clubs.

... and in light of Boxers offer perhaps we should change the thread to Mc - WW :)

·
C A R B O N
344 Posts
A minor solution would be to have a private subscriber board that requires a membership or registartion. For example, FChat has a "silver" and " Rossa" subscribed board that is not a public board.

I would assume there is an option with the message board software Trobin and Andrew use. We may be able to reach out to them.

David

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A minor solution would be to have a private subscriber board that requires a membership or registartion. For example, FChat has a "silver" and " Rossa" subscribed board that is not a public board.

I would assume there is an option with the message board software Trobin and Andrew use. We may be able to reach out to them.

David
I think it would be more like an owners section that would have to be verified.

Again - the problem is a Club has certain obligations whereas there are no guarantees with an internet forum. For a lot of people and I have lived this - privacy is a big deal.

It's not going to take away anything from this forum - in fact I believe it will add content and users.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've asked the same question regarding something in the UK.
The response was that they wanted to concentrate on the P1 owners and then bring the 12C owners into the foray- I'd of thought the other way round myself...:confused:

I was a worker for PCGB and have to say I enjoyed it heaps.. in fact probably keeping hold of my Porsche for a fair bit longer than expected..
I'm actually on a weekend trip with them in a couple of weekends time-main involvement was the 997 register as the demographics were much better :rolleyes: well more than the 944 owners for sure :p
Boxer, I'd certainly be interested in doing something.

·
Administrator
2,720 Posts
I think it would be more like an owners section that would have to be verified.

Again - the problem is a Club has certain obligations whereas there are no guarantees with an internet forum. For a lot of people and I have lived this - privacy is a big deal.

It's not going to take away anything from this forum - in fact I believe it will add content and users.
Agree, it needs to be both separate and complimentary to McLife.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts